*If you could Only have (1) PM2/3, which one & why?

#1 Cruwear pm2

#2 Rex 45 DLC Pm2

Not a fan of rusting on my “only” Pm2

Hope Spyderco starts heat treating their cruwear like their Rex.
But for now it’s still the most balanced steel IMO

Pm2 over the Pm3 definitely
Seem to be in the minority on steel though
Like everything about it
Especially the character it develops
Character over shiny perfection any day

0055F25C-6DC3-42A7-B35F-6346D504D2D8.jpeg
16A40C49-E1CF-4BBD-846C-87213786B06E.jpeg

My D2 Para.
IMGP1155.jpg

IMGP1153.jpg

It was my first Paramilitary. It’s smooth as silk to open and close, they didn’t make all that many and the CPM D2 is wonderful!

Tough choice, I like both. If I had to give up my EDC Gayle Bradley, and pick a Para 2/3 I would probably lean towards the Para 3 S110V Blue because of it nice size/weight and the blade will cut almost anything a knife is made for. Just me, many good knives, especially made by Spyderco.

The one I'd like to have (if I could only have one) is a hybrid Para 3: the satin M390 blade from the Bento Box model with the red G-10 scales and black hardware of the St. Nick version, including an added black Lynch deep carry clip. That one would hold me for quite a while.

Depend of the use you have of the knife
I had a s30v PM2 which was very good for working at any tasks.

I have shifted for a s110v that I use for EDC when I go away for some weeks.
This steel has a good corrosion resistance and it holds a nice cutting edge very long... that is what I am looking when I am 2/3 weeks far from home without any sharpening equipment at hand.

The fact it is a production model and that the price is “correct” for a premium steel make it a good choice for me.

The blue ole color is also a good point. Nothing tactical in it, this make the knife a little bit more sheeple friendly

I like maxamet too but the price is very high an this steel so it is a pass for me.

Back