1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

If you could only have 1

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by luethge, Jul 16, 2019.

1. clampdaddy

clampdaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Oh, I forgot about that one! I could definitely take that one as a stand alone blade.

Currawong and WatermanChris like this.
  2. snwbrdr202

snwbrdr202 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2009
    FFBM for me! Tons of great steels out there, but infi is just fantastic for a chopper. I’ve always considered the Battle Mistress to be the unofficial epitome of a Busse Combat knife.

upload_2019-7-17_13-9-31.jpeg

inkynate, boring, d762nato and 10 others like this.
  3. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    If Busse only I’d say Basic -11. If your gonna have one I want a big one where INFI shines. If Busse Kin then the Battle Rat. Again. There is a lot of good knives for smaller tasks but Busse and kins shine when big chores and or just a good whooping is called on the knife.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    MR HAPPY, inkynate, gk4ever2 and 2 others like this.
  4. duramax

duramax KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2012
    Way too many great choices ! :)

I guess my top contenders would be .... SFNO , NMFSH , Infi ratweiler , ASH1 , TM HR , FFG BJ , Infidu , ASHBM.

MR HAPPY, WatermanChris and luethge like this.
  5. StoneAndSteel

StoneAndSteel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2019
    If I had to give up all my knives but one, I would keep my Ratmandu. I have thought about picking up an Infidu to upgrade it... but I think I'd feel like I was cheating on my original.

6. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    SHBM. It was the first Busse I bought, and the last one I'd let go. To me it is the alpha and the omega. Of Busse knives, anyway.

7. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Is there anything else? :D:D:D

gk4ever2 likes this.
  8. gorshi

gorshi

Jan 9, 2006
    Battle Mistress of course. It’s impossible to beat this design and functionality.
    [​IMG]

9. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    ^^^^ SWEET!:thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

10. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    No question.....TGLB

Leonardo63, hydeinmind and luethge like this.
  11. flatlander

flatlander

Jun 22, 1999
    I've been down to only one before. It was my Nuclear Heart hand delivered by Jerry at the 1500 for my .mil retirement. Thanks to old time Hogs, I got my original SHBM back since then also.

Bob

blackhat, DaKruiser, MR HAPPY and 7 others like this.
  12. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    The age old question! I always say CGFBM. Though the skinny Ash is just so light and easy while still being tough as hell. Battle Saw is probably the most practical/versatile.

MR HAPPY, ipal, luethge and 1 other person like this.
  13. Daniel Halcomb

Daniel Halcomb Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Terrible thing to think about, having only one.:D

For me though, I think it'd be my 2nd Gen. Steel Heart Ergo. It was my first Busse and it would be my last to go.

It's just such a function-oriented design.

Drop-point, saber ground .25" INFI with amazing edge geometry, a large handle that is comfortable just about any way you hold it, and a choil means it chops like a Battle Mistress and handles like a Badger Attack:cool: I just haven't found anything better

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    FBMLE with hand shaped handles and a nice swedge added....

It is long gone....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would have voted for a B11 but.......I don't like the grooves on the side of the handles as much. The newer handle molds (milled out) that don't have the grooves would have my vote. The grooves would be fine on a smaller blade or a stabby, combat blade. They provided a smidge too much traction in extended chopping.

[​IMG]

Hmmmmm

Maybe the new alpha regulator!!! Sad I could not grab one of those!!!!

KZII was a fun one. I hand shaped my handles, and narrowed the front a bit. Then convexed and polished the edge. If I had not sold it, I had planned to thin the grind a bit as well. But it was a great chopper, especially with the mods I did.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  15. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    It would be either the custom re-curved Bowie I traded for, or my B-11. Great choppers that are not overly heavy to carry.:cool::thumbsup:

16. fielder

fielder

Jan 25, 2011
    Today my Hg55, but sometimes my Swatmandu LEOR, and sometimes my choiless Boss Jack.

MR HAPPY, luethge and WatermanChris like this.
  17. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Best answer ever.

18. MR HAPPY

MR HAPPY

Jan 2, 2017

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  19. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Will has pretty good self control . . . Unless of course there's satin infi, ffg, and resi c. He cannot resist that.

Will York likes this.
  20. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    NMSFNO.
    HR2 a close second.
    FTG a close third.

Anyone of the three would do.

inkynate, MR HAPPY and luethge like this.