If you could only have 1

Bushwacker Mistress

bwm1.jpg

bwm2.jpg
Oh, I forgot about that one! I could definitely take that one as a stand alone blade.

If Busse only I’d say Basic -11. If your gonna have one I want a big one where INFI shines. If Busse Kin then the Battle Rat. Again. There is a lot of good knives for smaller tasks but Busse and kins shine when big chores and or just a good whooping is called on the knife.

Last edited:
Terrible thing to think about, having only one.:D

For me though, I think it'd be my 2nd Gen. Steel Heart Ergo. It was my first Busse and it would be my last to go.

It's just such a function-oriented design.

Drop-point, saber ground .25" INFI with amazing edge geometry, a large handle that is comfortable just about any way you hold it, and a choil means it chops like a Battle Mistress and handles like a Badger Attack:cool: I just haven't found anything better

cabqo4O.jpg

NQtUwk6.jpg

FBMLE with hand shaped handles and a nice swedge added....

It is long gone....

nbCExTy.jpg

7tcCH1x.jpg

I would have voted for a B11 but.......I don't like the grooves on the side of the handles as much. The newer handle molds (milled out) that don't have the grooves would have my vote. The grooves would be fine on a smaller blade or a stabby, combat blade. They provided a smidge too much traction in extended chopping.

sY8Ep5H.jpg

Hmmmmm

Maybe the new alpha regulator!!! Sad I could not grab one of those!!!!

KZII was a fun one. I hand shaped my handles, and narrowed the front a bit. Then convexed and polished the edge. If I had not sold it, I had planned to thin the grind a bit as well. But it was a great chopper, especially with the mods I did.

UPVTIcJ.jpg

razUWJn.jpg

Last edited:
Back