if you had $150...

I'll be honest. I'm not too much a knife fanatic, I like knives, but I've rarely seen a knife under $200 that I would consider a good buy.

Experience wise, spyderco offers a lot for the money.
No knife under $200 a good buy? That's a ridiculous statement.

Myself, I'd go for a ZT 0566 or 0350. Maybe even the blackwash versions.

It's under 150, but how about the Manix 2 LW in s110v? That and the Gayle Bradley are high on my list of what to get next.

Paramilitary 2, if you don't own one. It's a fantastic EDC. However, I'm getting rid of mine, because it doesn't have anything I like in a knife (Titanium, Flipper, Overbuilt).

If I had $150 to burn, I'd get a DPx HEAT.

I actually just bought a heat last week. Love the knife

I'd buy a $3.00 knife at Walmart . Then go out and get a bottle of 20 year old Pappy Van Winkle bourbon ! Oooooooooooohhhhhh Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhh :D

$150 would put me that much closer to either a sebenza or similar priced midtech.
scored a dpx heat off of the exchange for $130, will let you know how I like it, when it lands on Friday.

GEC Slim Calf Roper, Northwoods Norfolk, Zt566 or Gayle Bradley Air!

I would try to get a GEC #15 TC Barlow Clip 1Blade

edit: or one of these

I think we're roughly on the same page. Saw the thread title and the first thing I thought of was one of the new Indian River Jacks in yellow camel bone.

For me, I'd get another Kershaw Ram. I bought mine based on how highly praised it was here. Boy was I surprised with how well it lived up to the hype. It's been my sole edc for nearly a year now and I can't really imagine using anything else. The hawk lock's great, I flips with authority, and comes with the tried and true 14c28n sandvik steel. The best part is kershaw guy has the ckt version in stock for 150 to your door. Everybody should have a Ram, as far as I'm concerned.
b619b6d4ec.jpg

All Spyderco fan here.
Sage 2 ... perhaps the finest folder existing with 3" S30V blade.
Sage 3 carbon fiber...beautiful and much like the Sage 2.
Caly 3 or Caly 3.5 in ZDP-189 blade. Outstanding EDC.

Spyderco PM2 - S30V steel blade, lightveight, strong and smooth handling folder :thumbup:

Back