If you had $175......

Benchmade Griptillian in M390 steel.
or
Paramilitary2 and you have enough left over to buy a Ladybug for when a small knife is best :thumbsup: I was carrying this combo today but a Para2 in M4 and the Ladybug in ZDP-189.

Or you could almost squeak to the Para2 with 52100 steel.

Why ? You ask why ?
The Benchmade is superior in handle and steel than a whole lot of knives out there. I love this thing ! ! ! !

The Para2 is even a better blade shape for modern tasks (package opening so it can be closed up if the customer doesn't buy the product and for mechanic work).
The Para is super pocket friendly (the Griptillian is a bit of a pocket hog; I carry it in a belt pouch)
The Ladybug is a must have in a small knife; it is so strong and well made and pleasing to hold and use. It's the only folder my girl friend will carry everyday and I agree it is a very desirable knife.

Last edited:
I'd hold on to it for a week or two and hopefully be able to add some more money to it. Why, so many times we buy knives scratching the itch we have on a whim and wind up missing out on something a few days later. Plus, it gives you time to determine if that one particular knife is the one you really want.

I've been thinking about a Randall since about 1964 in high school. They're about three times the $175 price point for this thread, but . . . I've purchased three knives at the same time before.

BK16. Then $110 for a pm2 or GEC in the exchange. Wide range of cutting chores covered right here.

Hmmm. Right here, right now, that's a tough question. It's a weird price point and I've got A LOT of knives already.

I've just gotten into autos, so there's some more room there for me to play in. Probably a BM Presidio or an AGA Campolin Zero.

The BK62 Kephart that just came out for preorder ... then with the remainimg $65.00 ... I'd buy a nice bottle of bourbon and a tank of gas and go use the kephart to start a fire and watch the sunset ...

but hey that's just me ...

I'd be looking at having a small "neck knife" sized fixed blade in titanium made by one of the makers here...

Which is exactly what I'm currently doing.

Back