If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Well, the Evo Grip was just a little too chunky in my pocket.

So, if I had to keep just one SAK, it would be...

The Climber:

IJb5iKA.jpg

The Climber:

I'm a wine-drinker, but I think I need a (proper) #2 Phillips more often than I find myself without a corkscrew. Still, the eyeglass screwdriver really evens things up. I think I will add a Dayglo Climber to my collection soon. A 3 layer SAK is SO much more pocketable than a 4 layer one.

Or maybe a stock Climber, then beef it up with Plus scales... (the pen and pin are SO useful!)

I worked in the textile industry for 35 years and scissors were an important accessory. I had many 58mm Classic Vics, and a few 74 mm Ambassadors given to me by machinery makers. I have an Ambassador with cow horn scales that I carried for 30 years or more.

Now I would be probably be fine with an Alox Bantam.

Sigh,after watching Allen C go "NUTS" on what is his favorite..I have an answer that will satisfy everyone(exception will be JK)! No matter how many SAKS a person owns...his favorite will be the one he has in his pocket at that particular time!This answer I believe covers "ALL"the bases!! I still etc my one & only SAK not even tempted by other SAK'S!
Jim

one victorinox only?
impossible!
there is however, one victorinox
which i would give a dozen up for ;-)
520_07.jpg

https://leaf-vics.com/2017/03/520-sig-stgw-57-bayonet-1957.html
but if it boils down to pocketability,
i'll stick with the swiss soldier 2008
eyJidWNrZXQiOiAiZmlsZXMua25pZmVjZW50ZXIuY29tIiwia2V5IjogImtuaWZlY2VudGVyL3Nhay9pbWFnZXMvNTM5NDUuanBnIiwiZWRpdHMiOiB7InJlc2l6ZSI6IHsid2lkdGgiOiA0MTQsImhlaWdodCI6IDMxNSwiZml0IjogImNvbnRhaW4iLCJiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIjogeyJyIjogMjU1LCJnIjogMjU1LCJiIjogMjU1LCJhbHBoYSI6IDF9fX19
Interesting, I have both. I moded the bayonet about 25 ? years ago by grinding the ring down. If I had to grab n go today? I'd take my huge Ranger Grip. Next, the Soldier above, that I have on my key chain. Third would be my Farmer.

Interesting, I have both. I moded the bayonet about 25 ? years ago by grinding the ring down....
that's so awesome.
ah the bayonet i would
place in a glass top wall hanger
break_in_case_of_emergency_red_box_postcard-rfebf423f2c6745098d854295b2b7e130_vgbaq_8byvr_704.jpg

yes, the ranger grip does make a fine
choice being paired up with the new
soldier as a working duo.

that's so awesome.
ah the bayonet i would
place in a glass top wall hanger
break_in_case_of_emergency_red_box_postcard-rfebf423f2c6745098d854295b2b7e130_vgbaq_8byvr_704.jpg

yes, the ranger grip does make a fine
choice being paired up with the new
soldier as a working duo.
I could well be wrong. But I believe that to be a 1957 pattern Swedish bayonet ? I had a boat load of bayonets decades ago. That 57 and its frog are all that's left of them.

cNjFiEk.jpg

My favorite SAK is the discontinued Yeoman. While I do not own an original, I do have a few Yeoman mods. For me, it packs the most-needed tools in the smallest package.

6rxg7BK.jpg

Runner up is the Explorer Plus. Its basically a Yeoman with an unnecessary (IMO) 4th layer. And sadly, the Plus version is no longer produced, but you can add your own Plus scales. Seems like Victorinox is devolving rather than evolving, but such is life.

The Climber:

IJb5iKA.jpg

I am now 100% Climber paired with a Classic SD. The Corkscrew is more versatile and the T handle Phillips on the Tinker series is too short and too awkward to use. The can opener tip works on most Phillips, some Torx, and Robertsons screws. The Classic SD helps with recessed screws and gives me a back up scissors, love this combo!

I am now 100% Climber paired with a Classic SD. The Corkscrew is more versatile and the T handle Phillips on the Tinker series is too short and too awkward to use. The can opener tip works on most Phillips, some Torx, and Robertsons screws. The Classic SD helps with recessed screws and gives me a back up scissors, love this combo!
I really like Climbers also, although personally I would prefer a nail file/small Phillips tool (like on the Sportsman) instead of the small blade.

My choice will still always be the Victorinox Swisstool or Spirit.

As an alox fan I agree I would take the Farmer X due to both scissors & saw & in-line awl and more beefy tools all around. But I would also need to make a belt sheath as it’s a bit much for the pocket

Back