If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

Pioneer,spartan or farmer is all you need ....i just carry some type of Sak on keychain ,and use opinels and butcher knives in kitchen,no need for any of that thicker stuff with weird geometrys.Gave away benchmade griptilian tanto and spyderco moran to my uncle thats hunter,hell use it little probably.He uses victorinox butcher knives for game processing too,tells me theyre excellent.

I usually go about nowadays with just an old Victorinox Spartan. But if I really had to pick ONE only, I guess it would be the Pioneer X :

SAK_0_8231_26__S1.jpg

If i have my pants on there is a Pioneer in my pocket. So I guess that would be my choice. A Farmer gets pocket time when I go walking in the mesa. Never know when I might find walking stick/cane making supplies. I keep a Field Master close by in my pack though.

Pioneer x for me , most every day. Once in a while a farmer or pioneer works it’s way into the rotation

I'll say the Huntsman.

But I'd really like to try the Ranger 79.

I believe that I have a Ranger 55, I'm not too hung up on the designations or nomenclature. Red and black, Philips head driver on back (important to me), non serrated blade. Feels big and solid in hand, Large locking blade and large saw, usual assortment of tools. This is my favorite go to SAK when I am metal detecting in isolated or bushy areas were I might need or choose to make a fire. If I had to grab one and run it would be the big Ranger (and I do mean big). Then my Farmer on the belt hangar. I consider my Farmer and Pioneer to be closely associated with the belt hangar, in or outdoors. Handsome, affordable, classy looks, high utility. But as said, as a hardcore outdoor choice, that big fire engine red Ranger comes with me.

One Vic SAK? It would have to be a Tinker. My first was a Tinker and I favor the tool set. Second favorite would probably be the current Electrician even though I don't carry it routinely. I carry a Small Tinker now daily and it gets used. I will only carry a two layer SAK in my pocket as a regular thing. Will toss a Trekker into my carry bag if I am headed to the woods along with a fixed blade of the day.

Back