If You Haven't Heard

afishhunter

Gold Member
I really hate being the bearer of bad news.
Please don't hate or kill the messenger.

Idaho Governor Little ordered all "Non-Essential" businesses to close for 21 days, effective today, Wednesday, March 25, 2020.​

Since manufacturing is not an "essential business" (except for the employees to continue to pay for housing, food, utilities, etc.) yon can expect at least a 21 day delay (Not Buck's fault) on any custom shop order, and recently sent in for SPA service you may have. :(

May as well postpone sending anything in for an SPA treatment for at least 21 days/3 weeks. :(

PLEASE REFER TO POST 20

Last edited:
I work in WA and certain manufacturing is considered essential. Im not sure about Idaho.

thanks for the heads up, Sir. y'all stay safe up there.

I work in WA and certain manufacturing is considered essential. Im not sure about Idaho.
I think the only "essential" manufacturing is food and medical related, such as medications, bottles/jars and lids and caps for such.
I don't know if Buck makes scalpels and other operating room necessities, or if they do, if that will be enough to keep them open.

I know farms, slaughter houses, and dairies don't have to shut down, since they are food related.

I dunno about the liquor stores. Maybe if they offer drive-through service?
I know restaurants that don't have drive through or delivery have to close.
(you can still get your McDonald's et-all or Domino's pizza?)

Last edited:
Boxer .45 Boxer .45 I thought that was due in April?
Not that I'm particularly worried about it. Being retired I don't "make" enough to pay taxes on. (yet. They may lower the income threshold. I wouldn't put it past them, anyway.)

If wd buy all of the current stock then Buck will have plenty of work replenishing it when they come back!

Construction, manufacturing certain areas in WA still considered essential. Home Building etc. So far so good in WA. Some will be affected.

Following the announcement of Governor Brad Little's stay-home order, one of the biggest questions is "What qualifies as an essential business in Idaho?"

Little's Office has now released the following outline of which businesses are considered essential under the order:

Essential healthcare operations, including:

• Hospitals
  • Clinics
  • Dentists
  • Healthcare providers
  • Pharmacies/Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
  • Mental health providers
  • Ancillary healthcare services
  • Nursing homes, or residential healthcare facilities for seniors, adults and children
  • Home-based care for seniors, adults, or children
  • Veterinary services
Essential infrastructure, including:

• Public works construction
  • Commercial construction
  • Construction of housing (in particular affordable housing or housing for individuals experiencing homelessness)
  • Airport operations
  • Law enforcement
  • Fire departments
  • Water
  • Sewer
  • Gas
  • Electrical
  • Oil refining
  • Mining
  • Roads and highways
  • Public transportation
  • Solid waste collection and removal
  • Transfer and sale of real estate
  • Internet, and telecommunications systems (including the provision of essential global, national, and local infrastructure for computing services, business infrastructure, communications, telecommunications relay service, and web-based services)
Essential services and businesses, including:

• Childcare programs and services
  • Essential government services including services and programs offered by the Department of Health and Welfare
  • Businesses that provide food, shelter, and social services, and other necessities of life for economically disadvantaged or other needy individuals
  • Plumbers
  • Electricians
  • Exterminators
  • Landscapers
  • Grocery stores
  • Certified farmers’ markets
  • Farm and produce stands
  • Supermarkets
  • Food banks
  • Convenience stores
  • Gas stations
  • Auto supply stores
  • Auto repair and related facilities
  • Laundromats
  • Dry cleaners
  • Laundry service providers
  • Hardware stores
  • Hotels for purpose of isolation/quarantine or for those providing essential services
  • Businesses providing mailing and shipping services, including post office boxes
  • Food cultivation including farming, livestock, and fishing
  • Firearm businesses
  • Other establishments engaged in the retail sale of canned food, dry goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, pet supply, fresh meats, fish, and poultry, liquor, beer, and wine and any other household consumer products (such as cleaning and personal care products). This includes stores that sell groceries and also sell other non-grocery products, and products necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences.
News media

Education services (Visit the State Department of Education website for more information)

Essential financial services, including:

• Banks
  • Credit Unions
  • Insurance
  • Services related to financial markets
  • Services related to financial markets
Essential transportation services, including:

• Airlines
  • Taxis and other private transportation providers
  • Transportation providers supporting essential activities
  • Public transportation for essential services
Essential food services, including:

• Restaurants and other facilities that prepare and serve food, but only for delivery or carry out.
  • Schools and other entities that typically provide free food services to students or members of the public may continue to do so on the condition that the food is provided to students or members of the public on a pick-up and takeaway basis only. (Schools and other entities that provide food services under this exemption shall not permit the food to be eaten at the site where it is provided, or at any other gathering site.)
Other essential services, including:

• Professional services, such as legal or accounting services, when necessary to assist in compliance with legally mandated activities
  • Businesses that supply products needed for people to work from home
  • Businesses that supply other essential businesses with the support or supplies necessary to operate
  • Businesses that ship or deliver groceries, food, goods or services directly to residences
  • Essential tribal operations
  • Essential operations at or related to INL.

I've got a custom on order. Stupid virus.

I do too. Was hoping it would be finished and shipped before this happened. Supposed to be sent to my moms house since I work out of town, maybe it's there already? One can hope!

It would be much easier to just say "tattoo parlors, hairdressers/barbers, shoeshine shops and gyms will be closed".

A lot cleaner. I could not think of too many businesses that weren't part of the above comprehensive list of essential services.

I heard that in Illinois the pot stores were also considered essential. I guess if you can get whiskey.....

Here in south-central TN, near the Alabama border, it is business as usual - I got a haircut on Tuesday, and went to the Home Depot and Walmart yesterday. I imagine it is coming though.....

best

mqqn

Back