If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop...

Just scratched Montana off my list of places to move to.
Oh come on, there's plenty of room!
480x362xfotw661.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Rks99_p6wv.jpg

Not quite getting that cool here yet. Though it was 27º up in the mountains last weekend when we were up there fishing.

That cold doesn't push through here until Monday, and it's only going to drop our highs down into the upper 60's. :(

trevitrace posted this in the Greyline thread.

img_20190926_174137771_hdr-jpg.1203112

Looks like your little burg is ground zero, John.

Take care and stay warm.

Ohhhh snap. I've gotta go to Great Falls on Saturday, that may be an interesting trip. Looks like I better fire up the shop heater tonight.

Ohhhh snap. I've gotta go to Great Falls on Saturday, that may be an interesting trip. Looks like I better fire up the shop heater tonight.

I’m not sure how things work in MT but, here in the Chicago area every time we’re looking at an inch or two, the news goes 100% Snowmageddon.

“Don’t go outside! You’ll die! We’re going to be snowed in forever! Stay home!”

It might be the conspiracy theorist in me but, I think they do it to keep you in front of the TV so they can sell you the latest medication or insurance or a Honda or breakfast cereal.

There's always some sort of Winter Doom Armageddon Warning Alert here in the winter.

Ha you're not a conspiracy theorist, everything is marketing to play on fear or vanity.

My department was put on a 'All Hands on Deck' notice for the weekend; we're only supposed to get a few inches to a half foot of snow here in the valley, but the wind gusts tomorrow night and Saturday are supposed to be in the 50mph range. Back on Aug. 8th and 9th we had fourteen calls, nine in a three hour period on the night of the 8th, due to similar winds. Bad juju. Enjoy your drive!

My department was put on a 'All Hands on Deck' notice for the weekend; we're only supposed to get a few inches to a half foot of snow here in the valley, but the wind gusts tomorrow night and Saturday are supposed to be in the 50mph range. Back on Aug. 8th and 9th we had fourteen calls, nine in a three hour period on the night of the 8th, due to similar winds. Bad juju. Enjoy your drive!
Only double digit winds? Pfffftt!:D Stay safe over there.
Better stock up on bread and milk!
Reminds me of when it would snow in Alabama, better have some milk and bread because town would shut down!

Only double digit winds? Pfffftt!:D Stay safe over there.

Reminds me of when it would snow in Alabama, better have some milk and bread because town would shut down!

That's the big joke up here when it snows. As far back as I can remember that was always the thing to do when snow was coming.

The funny part is I just came in town for milk, bread and a trip to the Post Office. Wife and kids get back in town Saturday from sunny San Diego, that'll save her a trip if the snow gets too bad.

With any luck the wind will blow and all your snow will land east of Williston.

Welp, the high winds didn't materialize (knock on wood), no precipitation, and while it's 41 degrees out, it's 71 degrees in - if this keeps up, I'll call it a win...

Light winds here, a few inches of snow and just below freezing. It's supposed to snow through Monday morning so maybe we'll get a nice coat, good timing to soak in before the ground freezes.

Made it to the airport tonight. Stopped along the way, this dude was getting a picture of his guard rail launch ramp, he straddled that mile marker and almost made it into the river. It was already smashed when he hit it, perfect ramp.
20190929_190735-01.jpeg

Better him than you...

We got nothing, but I still lit a wood stove fire; just because...

It's only s'posed to be 53º tomorrow, with rain and drizzle.

Apparently summer's over, winter is coming...

source.gif

giphy.gif

Back