If'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop...

That would be cool, that's in Orion right? I'm fuzzy on my constellations anymore.
Yep, it's the Red Giant in Orion part of the right shoulder. I've been an astronomy geek for years, supposedly it's very near to going supernova or may have already. There's been a ton activity and writing about it lately. Hopefully we get to see it in our lifetime. ETA https://globalnews.ca/news/6414358/betelgeuse-dying-supernova/
betelgeuse-rigel-orion.jpg

Yep, it's the Red Giant in Orion part of the right shoulder. I've been an astronomy geek for years, supposedly it's very near to going supernova or may have already. There's been a ton activity and writing about it lately. Hopefully we get to see it in our lifetime. ETA https://globalnews.ca/news/6414358/betelgeuse-dying-supernova/
betelgeuse-rigel-orion.jpg

Pic came out not very great due to phone and it's only a balmy -3F here, but it's one thing I always enjoy about being at the cabin. That and it's (people) quiet.

aSXITyB.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, that's Orion. Betelgeuse has gotten smaller which is supposed to indicate it's possibly ready to go supernova. Scientist say when it does it will be as bright as a full moon.
Pic came out not very great due to phone and it's only a balmy -3F here, but it's one thing I always enjoy about being at the cabin. That and it's (people) quiet.

aSXITyB.jpg

aSXITyB.jpg
Nice pic. We used to go up to Michigan and you could see the Milky Way, it was pretty awesome.

Damn heat wave coming, supposed to be close to 40 this week. That was 6 or 7 days where it didn't get above zero.

My 6 yr old girl and I were in the shop and she had to run in the house, it's about 20 yards away. I looked out the window and saw that she had stopped to play with our Anatolian. I hollered through the window to get in the house and she gave me a look that I'll see more of when she's a stubborn teenager and said "Dad, it's not even cold". It was 14⁰ below (F). That put a big smile on my face, the tough little shit.

I'm up in Buffalo, NY right now. Hasn't been very cold, think it's only gotten down to 18° so far. Big whoop... :rolleyes:

I used to stop at a truck stop in Buffalo quite often. The Buffalo CSX yard was one of the few that I had to go into during business hours and they were always a full day of work so I stayed nearby. Karen and I loved the place. There used to be a Krispy Kreme next door and we'd get fresh hot donuts to start the day and Smokey Bones or Fuddruckers to end it. Now there's a Cabela's next door. Good thing they weren't there when I was going there.
2125 Walden Ave, Cheektowaga, NY 14225

Mack, that's funny. I'm right by the airport, not far from the CSX yard. I went to that Cabela's earlier today, just for something to do. It was disappointing. :( They've been going way downhill ever since the Bass Pro acquisition. Sad.

Mack, that's funny. I'm right by the airport, not far from the CSX yard. I went to that Cabela's earlier today, just for something to do. It was disappointing. :( They've been going way downhill ever since the Bass Pro acquisition. Sad.
That sucks. I really miss going to the Smokey Bones there. Great food and hockey on the TVs.

It’s January, and raining in Buffalo, NY... o_O

That sucks. I really miss going to the Smokey Bones there. Great food and hockey on the TVs.

Had to run to Cabela’s to check out some boots. My buddy is working there right now, but only for a little longer, and gets a 45% discount. :cool:

9C695B5E-21CF-460C-B2D8-7FAA3718D769.jpeg

BBFE016D-0DF4-418B-AAEC-16BBB2B26688.jpeg

Guess where I’m getting dinner while I am at it? ;)

C6109C07-C92E-48C1-8C0A-B798F5472D6D.jpeg

ETA: Food’s finally here. Not bad for $19.95 (beer included). Decent special IMO. :thumbsup:
50A6C400-5601-4DC5-9022-68FA2E18E751.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish I was there. I remember having some danged good bbq sauces there. Now I'm hungry.

Last edited:
It was good. I was in the mood for BBQ too. A bit late for dinner, but I worked late today, and it's Friday at least.

Having a nice Bourbon on the rocks now. Not paying $10-$13 for a Whiskey cocktail there when $19.99 buys this just down the road:

19269656-0062-4E86-8175-AD6B3E53A55A.jpeg

Bulleit is a fave! I've started getting my road kit ready; they were out of Bulleit when I stopped by the package store, and it would seem that the cat tapped into one of my Maker's - but I'll be going back.

Easy reading.jpg

John, are you guys melting out over dere? It's been in the forties, raining here for two days with another five similar on tap - my snow is gone, all of it. Eight years ago it was -19 and I was on a roof putting out a house fire; two days later I went to Belize for two weeks to warm up. Now, it feels like planting season instead...

Yeah, we're soggy in the 40's and 50's in the daytime with everything turning into a damn skating rink at night.

I've got a glacier growing In my driveway. It doesn't get sun this time of year but sure does get the run off.

It's been raining quite a bit but I did play golf yesterday.

Back