• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I'll never buy from Grab-a-Gun again......

I'm a repeat customer over the years, (Ruger, Mossberg, Kahr, FN).... anyway, I picked up a SDS shotgun for what I thought was a pretty decent price. It came with one 5 shell mag, so I thought I'd buy a 10 rounder, they had listed 'on sale' for $32.99 + shipping. This is just two weeks ago.
I get an email blast from them today advertising same gun, but this time with not only the 5 shell mag and but FOUR 10 shell magazines. So, I called them and told them just what I wrote above, and respectfully requested if they could either send me an extra 10 shell mag, or comp me for the one I paid for. The kicker being that even the ten shell mag I paid 32.99 for plus shipping is now 'on sale' for $17.99. Answer? no, no and no.

I've been in retail and wholesale for over 35 years. If a price drops that close to sale, and a good customer requests an adjustment, I'm more than happy to do that. You keep a client and goodwill all around. Couldn't believe Grab-a-Gun would screw me like this. Just needed to vent, feeling quite pissed!

Apparently they couldn’t care less about cultivating customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Not to be rude, I really don't know :confused:, but this is a knife forum and this thread does not seem to belong here though it is nice to be made aware. Anyway, thanks, I guess. o_O I never heard of them being in the knife business, though most gun sellers also do sell some knives. ???

It's where I post a good or bad merchant/ dealer experience. I have seen plenty of posts going back years, commenting on various transactions, not exclusively bladeware.

Yeah, that's not real good customer service. Most places will do stuff like that if the sale is within 30 days of purchase in my experience.

It would have been fairly easy to satisfy a good customer - they likely have "unbendable" process / corporate style rules.

At least you got your gun.

best

mqqn

I agree, that is terrible customer service. I just got a gun from them, will consider what happened to you in the future.

So you bought a shotgun and accessories for what you believed was a good price.
Later a better deal was available, I don’t see where anything was owed to you unless the retailer has an explicit written policy that applies to this situation.

So you bought a shotgun and accessories for what you believed was a good price.
Later a better deal was available, I don’t see where anything was owed to you unless the retailer has an explicit written policy that applies to this situation.
I feel this way, but nothing wrong with you asking for the deal. I personally wouldn't be either surprised or upset if I didn't get it and certainly not to the point I wouldn't do business with them again. Getting the deal would have been a plus to the business, not getting it a neutral. Of course being neutral/average leaves the door open for someone to be better.
but just my opinion-doesn't make it right.

Last edited:
The man at the other end of the phone said "yeah, this happens a lot, happens all the time". If they're giving away 4 mags plus the original 5 shell mag with purchase now, AND discounting a sole 10 shell mag purchase by 45% off my previous 'on sale' price, I really don't see how they convey any kind of reliable value to their products. If they're worth so little they can give away four of them, would it kill them to throw either ONE my way or discount the extra one I purchased at $33 to the newer price? I understand prices fluctuate a bit, but c'mon, this isn't the spot gold market here, with daily fluctuations. Chances are they are overstocked and want more industrial or commercial clients (dept, agencies, etc) than sole purchasers. Can't imagine why they'd shut me out like this otherwise.

BTW, I've bought knives before from people here and on eBay, if I saw a Tangram for $56 and now it's 49 for same color, etc, White Mountain and other good dealers would give back the difference. It's just good business to a repeat client.

Glad I read this. I was thinking of getting a Ruger 10/22 from them but after this.....

I’ll look somewhere else. I’m only one customer but it does add up.

Vr
Mark T.

Back