I'm Baaaack....

Damn, been a while. Used to spend a lot of time here and posted as Winston Smith (no underscore in between) but then life got in the way, divorce, work, blah blah, waah waah ....

Been lurking for a bit and figured it was time to jump back in. Tried to get back in under the old username but alas, it is no longer functional. At any rate, I got around to missing knife talk and since my son is getting older I've got more time on my hands.

I'm still seeing a lot of names I remember from before, and plenty of new ones as well, so hopefully I can do some reconnecting and meet some new folks while I'm at it.

So, Winston let's just get down to business. What new knives have you acquired and where are pictures of said knives? Also, what knife do you want more than any other and why?

Edit: Welcome back, by the way. This is my holy grail right here.

EU17.jpg

Last edited:
Straight to the Phil Donahue, eh?

Well, having been out of the game I haven't really been acquiring much. I did just pick up a Microtech Dirac because I've always wanted a decent OTF, but if memory serves the last Busse I bought was a Mole Jack from Mercmaster, however that was several years ago. Happy to say that I do still have it, gonna have to break out the family and get a photo up here to reestablish my bona fides ...

My HOGFSH is and probably always will be my favorite, but I have always wanted an original SHSH just because, well it's a SHSH.

Sweet, been so long I can't tell what that is. Kinda looks like a Ratweiller, but I can see the Busse logo. Been outa the game for a while, gonna have to start do some picture loving and get reacquainted.

Welcome back. How’s Julia?

You've got me on that one, either this is a test or you've got me mixed up with someone else which if you drink as much as me is understandable ;)

I wasn't ever affiliated with a Julia, but if she's hot, easy, and available I'll give it a go. OK, I'll settle for reasonably attractive... No offense to anyone if Julia actually is your significant other.

Julia was Winston Smith’s love interest in ‘1984.’ I assumed that’s where you obtained yer moniker. Be ye really named Winston Smith? I’ll be damned.

Julia was Winston Smith’s love interest in ‘1984.’ I assumed that’s where you obtained yer moniker. Be ye really named Winston Smith? I’ll be damned.

Damn tuica, don't I feel the fool, that is indeed where I got my moniker and I certainly should know that, but I bet I haven't read that book in 20 years and had forgotten that. Totally safe assumption.... I started using the name in the early '90s when I was getting into computers, chat rooms, etc... because, well because it was pretty new and big brotherish.

Hello Winston. What time frame were you here for? Its like a magnet , uh?

Hello Winston. What time frame were you here for? Its like a magnet , uh?

Hey boring, I'm going to say early '06 when I first started ogling Busses. Bought my first Rat and GW at Blade West in '06 when Skunk was running the Busse table.
Spent a lot of time here until probably '12ish when I got divorced and then kind of tapered off from there.

Hah, I got a pic so I guess it did happen... had to do a little looking for a couple of these, but tracked 'em down. Forgot about the Rat Shaker until after, but I do have one :D

Family.jpg

Top is a Sarsquatch, left side is an SHe, NOe, BAe, SAR5, anorexic something, and bottom is a Mole Jack. Right side is a HOGFSH, HHFSH with mag scales, ASH-1 LE, HOG edition ASH, and ASH-1 CG.

If someone can refresh me on the anorexic I'd appreciate it.

I can't remember who did the scales on the Badger, I know he's in Florida. If anyone recognizes the work I'd appreciate the name on that as well. *(edit)* Found it, Reece Weiland did the scales and pins and this pic really does not do his work justice.

The one in the middle is a Ranger Airborne Combat Knife made by Justin when he owned Ranger Knives before he went to Ontario Knives. I've also got one of the RD-7s he made from the blanks he got from Jerry back in the day out in my truck but to lazy to go fetch it.

This is pretty much my to the grave one. Can't remember who I bought it from, but it was coated and I stripped it. I was going to bead blast it, but the pattern that was in it looked it it was blasted in a batch and had outlines of choils and blade shapes on it so kept it that way.

HOGFSH.jpg

Last edited:
Back