I'm Baaaack....

Damn, been a while. Used to spend a lot of time here and posted as Winston Smith (no underscore in between) but then life got in the way, divorce, work, blah blah, waah waah ....

Been lurking for a bit and figured it was time to jump back in. Tried to get back in under the old username but alas, it is no longer functional. At any rate, I got around to missing knife talk and since my son is getting older I've got more time on my hands.

I'm still seeing a lot of names I remember from before, and plenty of new ones as well, so hopefully I can do some reconnecting and meet some new folks while I'm at it.
You should check out the live stream sundays too free knives what's not to like and welcome back

Welcome Back Brother.
woo hoo

Welcome back. I bought a few from you back in the day. Don't remember what, but still have them.

Ohhhh, I want a Dirac so badly...

Sweet, been so long I can't tell what that is. Kinda looks like a Ratweiller, but I can see the Busse logo. Been outa the game for a while, gonna have to start do some picture loving and get reacquainted.

That, my friend, is the coveted Busse EU-17 Magnum... Quite possibly the finest blade cutting it's way through these forums... maybe ever created. You have some great blades in your collection. Particularly that NO-e, which I think is an outstanding knife because of the handle geometry... I have a NO-e variant that is in my top three blades I own; same handle but a slight re-curve on the blade.

I dig the ergos. Good to see you. :thumbsup:

Had a BMe, but sold it a long time ago. Kinda wish I still had the full set. The SHe has paper scales, which is kinda cool and they all have the asymetrical edge.

You should check out the live stream sundays too free knives what's not to like and welcome back

Damn, good to hear they finally got that going, Jerry always talked about doing that :p

I'm sure you're not the only Harley guy around here, but if you're near Portland/Vancouver we should go for a ride.

Welcome back. I bought a few from you back in the day. Don't remember what, but still have them.

I want them all back, I must have been drunk when I sold them :D

That, my friend, is the coveted Busse EU-17 Magnum... Quite possibly the finest blade cutting it's way through these forums... maybe ever created. You have some great blades in your collection. Particularly that NO-e, which I think is an outstanding knife because of the handle geometry...

That is a sweet blade Danger, good luck in your quest. And I agree on the NOe, that is one I don't think I could get rid of.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in, one of the biggest reasons why it's good to be back. This place always was about more than just knives.

Winston

Welcome back! I understand about life getting in the way, especially the divorce part - between alimony & child support, there was little spare cash available. That stuff is in the past, and life is better now, and I hope it is better for you too.

Very much so gk, thank you.

Can’t say it was fun but compared to some I’ve known it could’ve been so much worse... Glad you’ve got yours behind you as well.

Winston

Last edited:

Damn, good to hear they finally got that going, Jerry always talked about doing that :p

Hey Ironkid,

I owe you an apology, I thought you were just giving me a good Busse f'ing with since I hadn't been here for a while. Finally got around to actually reading the BF blurb at the top of the page and realized it was a heads up for getting real shit for real and wanted to say thanks for trying to help a brother out.

Winston

So, Winston let's just get down to business. What new knives have you acquired and where are pictures of said knives? Also, what knife do you want more than any other and why?

Edit: Welcome back, by the way. This is my holy grail right here.

View attachment 1215611
Did you just pick this one up on ACK? I saw it pop up and was going to send you the link but it said "Sale Pending". Hopefully you snagged it

Nice to meet you sir!
source.gif

Why yes. Yes I did. It arrives on Friday and I can’t wait. :)
Awesome! I love seeing HOGs and Piglets get their grails! I'm sure you'll be posting pics when she arrives.

That is an extremely rare blade and for it to pop up like that right after you posted your desire for it in this thread is very "syncy". Almost makes me feel like the "law of attraction" or "syncromysticism" ideas have some legitimacy. :confused:

Congrats, brother! :cool::thumbsup:

Back