I'm back, hopefully for some time

I see Karda is still here and of course Auntie. Anyone here still remember me? Lot's of changes lately, maybe I'll catch up with you all in the Cantina. Oops, guess I have to make this knife related to stay in the rules. So with that being said, how does everyone like to carry their larger knives? In a sash? Bandolier style? Namaste'

Yours,

Jack Corzine

Last edited:
Welcome back:)

I generally prefer to carry my big blades strong side in a sheath that retains them yet doesn't require two hands. Actually, I'm taking this rainy day at the office to cold blue the blade and guard of my Spear Vala as well as restitch the sheath for it. Fun little project to kill some time, I guess:p

Welcome back! I dont remember ya but im fairly new to this subf. My memory hasnt been the best lately anyway :foot: I havent a clue as how to carry my Giant Chit Bowie. Maybe the top of my car? Since most of my work is so close to home with my big blades I usually just lay the scabbard down on a stump. Breaktime i just return to the stump for resheathing and refreshments:D I do want to try bandolier style. As far as comfort the my prefered place is under belt behind but with larger knives im afraid im gonna poke myself in the keister someday. Sash or under belt feels nice for crossdraw with my shorter blades but I tend to slap the longer blades around too much while walking.

Last edited:
Good to hear from ya, bud.

I WANT to carry most big blades in my belt or sash on my left pelvis, BUT, I often find myself carrying my 17 3/4" khuk on a piece of old web gear under my armpit.

Mark

Welcome back! :) Nice to see your screen name again.

Welcome from me too.
How I carry depends on what I'm expecting.
During moving I had one around my neck on top of my shirt I just needed it all the time cutting ropes and boxes.
Normal edc is in my right front pocket ( no need to scare people and usually no need for quick deployment.
Now if I go to the playground in the dark (daughter couldn't sleep) where there are druggies or unleashed doggies who just want to play then I have a fixed one horizontally on my back on my belt which I can grip fast with my right hand. It's black on a black belt and dark shorts, so nothing too attention grabbing until drawn. So far screaming and pepperspraying dogs was sufficient. Druggies are zoned out and run away when I pretend to film them with my phone. Had called the cops on them a few times but California protects potheads more than innocent kids who are forced to passively inhale that stuff on playgrounds. ..

Last edited:
Back