I'M BACK..................Well, kind of back.

Garth Reckner

Finally able to get back to the shop after shoulder surgery 2 weeks ago.

Had 3 bone spurs ground off, an impingement removed, some muscle repair and some scar tissue removed. Still have some physical therapy ahead of me and it will be a bit before I am back up to full strength. Starting to get some of the lost mobility back and Dr. and therapist both seem pleased with progression so far. Most likely wont be doing any grinding for a while but at least I can get back here and not be stuck at home doing nothing. Still pretty painful at times but I am off the hard meds finally and am able to function without feeling mentally out of it.

Gonna miss out on bow season this year:mad: but Dr. seems to think that I will be able to get out for gun season:thumbsup::D if therapy continues to progress as it has been. Hopefully I will be back to grinding about the same time as well.

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to Jerry, Jennifer and the Entire Busse Crew. They have been so helpful and supportive. Couldn't ask for a better group of people or place to work. Amy has been making sure I don't do anything I shouldn't be doing yet with her own special way of reminding (nagging):p. But she did bring me ice-cream so I guess that makes it ok. Jerry has been providing a steady stream of big brother love:rolleyes: (harassment) to keep my spirits up and to apparently motivate me to heal faster. Like I said, simply could not ask for a better support team. I love you all.

And to all of you who have reached out to me with the well wishes and caring. The Busse group here and abroad is really much more than a group of strangers who happen to be into knives. You folks are like family to me and the genuine caring is much appreciated.:thumbsup:

Thanks everyone and I will be back to the grind as soon as I possibly can.

Garth

Hope you have a speedy recover Garth and don't worry I'm sure u missing out on bow season is a good thing just means more tags next year? Give the poor critters a chance to populate.
All the best from ireland

Last edited:
Glad you're back and hope you recover fully soon.

BTW, whoever took care of my Battle Saw and NFBA did a phenomenal job! I've been meaning to make a post on the awesome experience I had but I haven't had a chance.

Thank you!

Speedy recovery to you, Garth. Hope you are back to 100% real soon! Also, let's just address the elephant in the room...the doctor didn't say "no knife hunting", right? I'm sure dropping from the trees with a barbaric yawp and a MOAB in each hand upon an unsuspecting white tail is enough to scare it to death. (DISCLAIMER: NOT A DOCTOR)

Good to hear you are on the mend. With your eye to healing, and avoiding undue strain on your shoulders and arms, you might have to design some light, fast fighters and choppers...

Last edited:
Glad to hear that you're ahead of the curve on your recovery :thumbsup:...take it easy, we've got Infi-o'plenty to hold us till you're ready to get back to "the grind." ;)

Hey buddy glad to hear you're progressing well and that the Busse crew are taking good care of you. Hope you can get out for rifle season.

Excellent! Take good care of yourself Garth, and you'll be back at your grinder in no time !!! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get well, get strong, quickly and painlessly. :)

All the best mate.

Steven

Glad it is going well mate !!!!! I have a list of unloved blanks you can search the shop/storage/junk bin for and turn into knives for me....only if it helps occupy your healing time of course..!!! :D

The most important thing is sticking with the PT as others have said....!!! Best of luck with it....!

Welcome back and great to hear about your smooth recovery so far! Keep it up, brother!

Back