I'm Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Hey guys, good to be back.

As you know, I got the covid. Last Tuesday, aka a week ago today, I took a turn for the worse, and went in to the hospital. I started temping at 102ยฐ, and was more nauseous than I'd ever been in my life, so the wife took me in.

Went to ER, turned out I had pneumonia in both lungs. For the last week, I have endured a lot. In ER, they couldn't hit a vein for an IV. Stuck me multiple times in the arms, then called in a guy with a sonogram to hit it. Nope, he tried twice in each arm, then went for the neck. He got it on the second time. It actually hurts less that the arm, but is a bad place for an IV to be sticking out all the time.

Spent the whole night in ER, just waiting for a room. Finally got a room, and they were in there every 4 hours checking vitals. Got massive amounts of antibiotics via IV, as well as steroids. Blood tests drawn twice per day, which when you have veins as I do, it required getting stuck more than once. That was one of the worse things. They gave me a covid plasma transfusion. I guess just the sound of it was scary, although it didn't seem to be a big deal. They also gave me a shot in the stomach every evening as an anti coagulant, since I was in a lying position most of the time. Not fun.

I got to come home this evening. They still have me on oxygen. My Oxygen levels drop too much as soon as the oxygen is removed. That said, I do feel tons better. The Doc wants me to continue quarantining for at least the remainder of the week. The wife made her world famous spaghetti for supper. She also surprised me with a brand new big guy recliner for the living room.. Best wife ever.

Anywhos, good to be back, and I cannot wait to heal and go drink some whiskey, haha. And of course, get the Becker blades out again. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, genuinely appreciate it. Also, a shout out to @Murphnuge . That was an unexpected surprised text today. :thumbsup:

I'm so glad that you are alive and well (relatively speaking, of course) - I was getting concerned for a minute there.

Rest up, man, and get well soon. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery - that whisky isn't going to drink itself :D.

I'm so glad that you are alive and well (relatively speaking, of course) - I was getting concerned for a minute there.

Rest up, man, and get well soon. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery - that whisky isn't going to drink itself :D.
Haha, thanks brudda. I just watched a Discovery program this more about Johhnie Walker. It was interesting.

Hey Dubz great to see you back ... even better to hear you and the wife are getting over this crap!

Hopefully you won't need the oxygen much longer and can kill off the rest of the bug with some sweet golden elixir ... antibiotic of the Gods!

Hey Dubz great to see you back ... even better to hear you and the wife are getting over this crap!

Hopefully you won't need the oxygen much longer and can kill off the rest of the bug with some sweet golden elixir ... antibiotic of the Gods!
Thanks brother man, appreciate it. Good to see the wife get over it. She didn't get it near as bad as I. She's been fully recovered. My brother has it as well. He said other than tired, he can't even tell he has it. Some weird shit how it affects one person to the next. That's the first time I've been in the hospital since getting my tonsils out in the 3rd grade.

Speedy recovery! Glad to hear you're on the healing side now. Very scary.
Thanks brother, appreciate it. Super scary stuff. Bad thing is, I can get it again after a complete recovery. Wish I knew how I got it. I wear a mask at work, and in the stores. All I know is, I got it my first day of vacation.

Well I bet that big man chair it loads more comfy than that hospital bed!
Man, does it ever. Laid most of the week. The last few days I sat in the chair all day, and did the exercises they suggested, to help clear my lungs up.

Canโ€™t keep the Warrior down!

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine a past yearโ€™s February before they started lockdowns. It was rough!

Plenty of water and slow going man!

Canโ€™t keep the Warrior down!

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine a past yearโ€™s February before they started lockdowns. It was rough!

Plenty of water and slow going man!
Thanks man. That's part of the reason I was so nauseous, dehydrating.

Man, being sick like that makes you realize a lot of things. What's most important in life, what's not, etc.

Holy sh*t.....I'm def not jealous.

Things are getting rough up here in Canada after getting through the First Wave relatively easy in the Spring. Several cities are implementing lock-down variations to curb some soaring rates of new infections.....and still....there are idiots throwing huge parties.

Good to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. This 'Rona is a True Bastard and can hit you hard when you think that you're coming out of it. It really doesn't play nice.

Continue to get well and Cheers!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Holy sh*t.....I'm def not jealous.

Things are getting rough up here in Canada after getting through the First Wave relatively easy in the Spring. Several cities are implementing lock-down variations to curb some soaring rates of new infections.....and still....there are idiots throwing huge parties.

Good to hear that you are feeling somewhat better. This 'Rona is a True Bastard and can hit you hard when you think that you're coming out of it. It really doesn't play nice.

Continue to get well and Cheers!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks brother, appreciate it. The stuff is definitely no joke. You don't realize how bad until you get it. Hell, I thought at first I was getting an ordinary cold. That's what it seemed like early on.

Glad you are on the mend .
I can never understand why a bed that cost as much as a car can be so uncomfortable.
We will keep you in prayer .
For some reason it has been a rough couple months for illness and injury . Bad enough that our church is having a special night of prayer for healing so I will say one for you and your wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back