I'm done with Benchmade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The constitution protects the right to own guns. Someone destroying a gun does nothing to effect the constitution. It wasnt meant to be a political statement either, its you who are politisizing it. As a matter of fact, you should get to own or destroy whatever guns you want cuz both of those are freedom. It seems like you are mad benchmade used their freedom differently than you would have chosen to. Isnt that what freedom is?

Benchmade didnt say you shouldnt have guns, but here you are, all triggered, telling them how they should do things. Its hypocritical to me.

I'm NOT telling Benchmade how they should do things, I'm just stating that I will not purchase another thing from them because of the way they do things.

Don't be so obtuse.

I'm NOT telling Benchmade how they should do things, I'm just stating that I will not purchase another thing from them because of the way they do things.

Don't be so obtuse.
Looks like i was wrong. Just got home and was very dissappointed to catch my benchmades showing their true colors...i should have listened. Now its too late.
c7ba42b4cf076fbcbcd0e3e64f1c9862.jpg

The constitution protects the right to own guns. Someone destroying a gun does nothing to effect the constitution. It wasnt meant to be a political statement either, its you who are politisizing it. As a matter of fact, you should get to own or destroy whatever guns you want cuz both of those are freedom. It seems like you are mad benchmade used their freedom differently than you would have chosen to. Isnt that what freedom is?

Benchmade didnt say you shouldnt have guns, but here you are, all triggered, telling them how they should do things. Its hypocritical to me.

Well said. And I agree with what you said. BUT, is that the same as me buying a knife for $200.00 and selling it for $300.00 and getting shamed and vilified on forums for making a profit, or being called a "flipper" in a negative way?
If it's MY knife, or GUN or anyone else's knife or GUN that they bought at whatever price the seller agreed to, shouldn't they be able to sell THEIR knife or GUN for whatever they wish if someone is willing to pay that price? Or destroy their knife or gun if they see fit? Isn't that freedom as well?

Well said. And I agree with what you said. BUT, is that the same as me buying a knife for $200.00 and selling it for $300.00 and getting shamed and vilified on forums for making a profit, or being called a "flipper" in a negative way?
If it's MY knife, or GUN or anyone else's knife or GUN that they bought at whatever price the seller agreed to, shouldn't they be able to sell THEIR knife or GUN for whatever they wish if someone is willing to pay that price? Or destroy their knife or gun if they see fit? Isn't that freedom as well?

Not exactly the same in my book. You can do whatever you want with your property. Keep it or destroy it. Sell it for a profit, loss or break even. Makes no matter.
IMO, the negative flipper connotation doesn't apply for making profit on a knife here or there. It applies when you clearly and continuously buy low and sell high to make a profit and don't pony up for a dealer membership.

If a person makes a stink because you made a profit on a knife or two you've sold, then they're just salty and pay them no mind.

I'm done with BM too. I'm not getting rid of the ones I have, but after their questionable social media SNAFU recently, the fact that their prices keep going up while QC goes down, 0 innovation, shitty choices on new gold class stuff, I just became so meh that my wallet went other directions.

If anyone wants a concrete example of how the quality has gone south, the plastic insert in the sheath of my saddle mountain skinner comes out with the blade now. It was obviously just glued in, and the adhesive failed.

imo i got this with benchmade and spyderco! i got tons and tons of expensive knives from alot of companys. it feels to me becouse spyderco and benchmade are pretty much big standards in the knife world that they dont even feel the need to do QC, i have returned tons of knives both from benchmade and spyderco for not having centered knives and having play while allready beeing too tight to have any semi decent action! i am so done with both of these! the only knife i got from spyderco ever that has no play and a decent grind is from taiwan. everything coming out of spyderco from usa is a joke and might aswell be from china. and benchmade its not becouse your HT is really good that you just need to skip QC and then blame customers. maybe you can cut down on production if not every customer had to order 3 of em at the time to check any for centering so that they can return the other 2 ... thats how i do it if i buy a benchmade and thats ridicilous. compare it to italian, chinese big companys you dont even have to worry about these issues let along be almost sure they are gonna be there! a week ago i ordered the shaman s90v CF, the blade was like 80% uncentered on a 300+ knife is that a joke ?? insta return and never buying from spyderco again unless its taiwan. and benchmade i will buy becouse if they are done good they are awesome! only super ridicilous that this is a thing in 2019 people are able to make things the size up to a hair from an ants asshole.

( to give an example anyone that has the chance, compare f&f between a spyderco shaman s90v sprint and a microtech socom elite. the diffrence is beyond laughable! why does the same priced knife has ABSOLUTELY ZERO FORCED BLADEPLAY and a dropshut action and the spyderco you could get a thumb between if you try FORCE play it)
Fantastic, I love this. This just shows that no company is infallible and is going to screw up on occasion especially knives that are production and not semi-custom.

I think it was Sal himself said that they could make knives as good as CRK, but at CRK prices. My three Spyderco's are not perfect and displays the same "problems" as my BM's. I don't give a damn, love 'em all.

Can't believe this thread isn't closed yet :rolleyes:
Why? There is a certain rhythm and order could this type of thread.

Someone that doesn't understand how BF works just doesn't get it. So he voices an opinion and thinks someone
( most of the time like me) will read it with idle curiosity and simply move on.

We all know, however, that isn't the BF way. That was considered a hand grenade in a closed room. First in, sometimes it's those with idle curiosity that want to know what the problem was. But when it gets to the Fanboys there is some indignance. Then comes the folks that simply don't believe there was ever a problem.

Then it turns to personal attacks on the OP since he had the gall to make a statement and have other things to do than to monitor the thread and respond as needed/required by the BF self appointed nannies. The 10,000 post group comes along to Fan the flames with a lot of smart mouthed and cynical commentary about the OP for not playing by their rules. Send it derails into something like this one has done, challenging to find who is the best American.

Personally, I have had 3 Benchmades. An early adopter, I bought a tanto bladed work horse in the early 90s. I still have it and even though it's a liner lock it's still locks up like a tank. I later was at a gun show and found an Apparition. Great knife! Bought a mini Grip for my nephew as his first real life. A friend of mine is a Benchmade dealer and I had the luxury of going through six or seven to find one that was really Primo. Like the other things he sells he knows the quality is up and down with just about any company these days and it's up to the consumer to make sure they get what they want. But it is also up to the consumer to have realistic expectations, and not fall into tears when those expectations aren't met.

Threads like this rarely fall shy of a couple of hundred posts. Yet if you read the last 50, you can't figure out what the original topic was! BF seems to be a champion of ADD these days.

Robert

Last edited:
Why? There is a certain rhythm and order could this type of thread.

Someone that doesn't understand how BF works just doesn't get it. So he voices an opinion and thinks someone
( most of the time like me) will read it with idle curiosity and simply move on.

We all know, however, that isn't the BF way. That was considered a hand grenade in a closed room. First in, sometimes it's those with idle curiosity that want to know what the problem was. But when it gets to the Fanboys there is some indignance. Then comes the folks that simply don't believe there was ever a problem.

Then it turns to personal attacks on the OP since he had the gall to make a statement and have other things to do than to monitor the thread and respond as needed/required by the BF self appointed nannies. The 10,000 post group comes along to Fan the flames with a lot of smart mouthed and cynical commentary about the OP for not playing by their rules. Send it derails into something like this one has done, challenging to find who is the best American.

Personally, I have had 3 Benchmades. An early adopter, I bought a tanto bladed work horse in the early 90s. I still have it and even though it's a liner lock it's still locks up like a tank. I later was at a gun show and found an Apparition. Great knife! Bought a mini Grip for my nephew as his first real life. A friend of mine is a Benchmade dealer and I had the luxury of going through six or seven to find one that was really Primo. Like the other things he sells he knows the quality is up and down with just about any company these days and it's up to the consumer to make sure they get what they want. But it is also up to the consumer to have realistic expectations, and not fall into tears when those expectations aren't met.

Threats like this rarely fall shy of a couple of hundred posts. Yet if you read the last 50 oh, you can't figure out what the original topic was! BF seems to be a champion of ADD these days.

Robert
We are all, to some degree, educated knife knuts here. If you wish to disparage a brand with a statement of condemnation, as the OP did, knife knuts will expect you to stand behind your claims.

It’s as much to vet the claimant as it is to share your personal experience with other enthusiasts. The OP has done neither in this case. This thread was a drive-by fruiting followed by a mixture of more undocumented claims and pictures of great knives.

All this thread has served to do is discredit the critics while revealing who’s had their fee-fees hurt over politics. The OP has seen this thread and chosen not to comment. The OPs best action at this point would be to close the thread and stop the bleeding.

It’s at the point where critics need to show us on this doll where Benchmade hurt you...

I have a confession to make. I’m a proud member of the NRA, but I like using and carrying Benchmade knives.

Just today I wandered into a cutlery store looking to buy a replacement Case Peanut for like $40, and walked out of said store with a brand new BM 940-2. I fully intend to edc it along with a SAK executive as a secondary.

But they obviously condone it, if not through the actions of destroying guns then through political contributions.

You don't have to like that I don't support so called 2nd Amendment loving companies that destroy guns that could have be sold to law abiding people. You don't have to like that I don't support so called 2nd Amendment loving companies that give their money to anti 2nd Amendment politicians.

Seriously, you're the type that will try to tell me I'm wrong for not eating liver because you like liver. I'm not telling you to stop buying from them, I'm just telling you why I will never by from them again.

If you wish to support the liberals, have at it. I will not.

300 million+ guns still left in the US alone plus all those manufactured every day. People can easily go buy however many guns they want in stores or online. Seems like the right for a well-regulated militia to keep and bear arms is still in full force.

As for Benchmade, they have to balance QC with their operating costs along with everything else. In general, their designs don't appeal to me, but it's good that they're another American company providing jobs and offering knives for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back