I'm going nutz help

I have sent e-mails to UB and its hard to decide what I want :( an 20inch ang kola or 2 horn handle kerambits. I think I'm driving bii nutz I want the ang kola but when will the next shipment of kerambits come in.help :confused:

The ang kolas are super sweet, but the kerambits are pretty rare. I haven't handled an HI 'bit yet (I will as soon as mine gets here in a few days:)), but i would venture to say that they will feel a bit beefier although a little more sluggish than most kerambits. If weight of the kerambit is an issue then maybe lean towards an AK. Two totally different monsters. maybe the 'bit now and the AK later. Maybe forget both and buy a couple of Uncle Bill's specials he has just posted;) Have i been any help at all?? not in the least;) Welcome come to the insanity that plagues us all in the cantina:) Enjoy!

~Jake

The kerambits are nice, and probably more rare than Ang Kholas. One way to decide would be to think about your intended use. The 20" AK is a mighty chopping blade while the kerambit is better suited to self defense and perhaps some light utility work. Not having handled one, it looks like it would make a great camp knife. If you are just buying it to have and enjoy, then pick whichever one strikes your fancy.

--Josh

codeofthesammuri said:
I have sent e-mails to UB and its hard to decide what I want :( an 20inch ang kola or 2 horn handle kerambits. I think I'm driving bii nutz I want the ang kola but when will the next shipment of kerambits come in.help :confused:

I'd go for one of the flagship models that H.I. is famous for. The AK is unbreakable, and will chop like an axe... You'll be impressed with the quality and performance! After that, you can pick up other khukuris and even specialty items. Stick around the forum; lots of great info, wonderful people, and tempting sales. :)

The kerambit is a collector peice primarily- imho. The AK is a working masterpeice. That doesn't make the Kerambit useless.

I'd like a kerambit- despite the fact I'm out of whale blubber to carve and low on those back alley fights behind a Hong Kong bar. It's a beautiful knife. I don't yet have a hundred dollars to spend on it. I may never.

You can get a case of ammo for a hundred bucks.

munk

I think the AK line is super in every respect, the little ones and the big ones. Comparing a 20" AK and a Karambit is, however, an apples and oranges deal. They are totally different tools. A 20" AK is one BIG knife by almost anyone's standards. Many would call it huge - almost a sword. The karambit is a specialized fighting tool that takes a good bit of practice to learn to manipulate effectively (and safely) neither one would be my first choice for a general purpose camping tool. But then, I don't know what your purposes are. :confused:

It doesn't matter which one you pick- it won't be your last. When you see the quality, you'll be hooked. I have a 20'' AK for use on my boat. I don't have trouble handling it but it's a little on the heavy side for belt carry- a baldric (shoulder strap) is a good idea if you get one of these. Pick up a WWII blem- everybody loves 'em as a general use khuk. Or a BAS. Or a 15" AK. You get the idea...

Bri in Chi said:
I think the AK line is super in every respect, the little ones and the big ones. Comparing a 20" AK and a Karambit is, however, an apples and oranges deal. They are totally different tools. A 20" AK is one BIG knife by almost anyone's standards. Many would call it huge - almost a sword. The karambit is a specialized fighting tool that takes a good bit of practice to learn to manipulate effectively (and safely) neither one would be my first choice for a general purpose camping tool. But then, I don't know what your purposes are. :confused:

O its not my first HI kukri I am the proud owner of 2 ww11 , 15 inch ang khola :D the 15 inch is perfect for close combat but I love my ww11 it does everything I want it to and more I have just heard a lot about the 20 inch ang khola and its now on the way thanks everyone. :D

ok 20 inch ang khola on the way .my house mate says I have enough kukri's :rolleyes: .but I can't help my self It's so much fun . I'll hide it at first then just act like I have had it all along :D she will never know the difference :p

Back