• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

I'm hearing companies are stopping knife shipments to NY

Just today I've heard amazon and Midway USA stopped shipping knives to the state of NY.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I dont think its true i put a knife in my cart on amazon,a cold steel knife,just to see what happens,usually anything assisted they wont ship and it will say cannot ship to your location.and i put a knife in cart had it ready to pay on midway too so this info is not right....

A buddy of mine here in NY just ordered a Recon 1 from Amazon this evening. I received an Outdoorsman Lite from them Wednesday.

I've lived in both NY and MA, and I've had Amazon refuse to ship knives to MA, but they had no issues when I tried to ship it to my old address in NY. That was about two years ago though.

I had an order denied at Blade HQ because it was an assisted knife, and they told me they didn't ship knives with springs in them through NYC. I lived on Long Island, so it had to go through NYC.

Certain sellers are blocking NY or just NYC. Amazon too, is blocking certain models and sizes from the NY area. For instance the giant Cold Steel folders seem blocked, and assisted openers too (NYC doesn't like either of those features). It's kind of wonky, for instance I tried to buy a Buck 110 slim, and have it shipped to someone in NYC, no go. I picked a Ka-Bar Dozier, fine.

I notice it also changing on restocks. A model will be fine, go OOS, then on restock, it's blocked.

A buddy of mine here in NY just ordered a Recon 1 from Amazon this evening. I received an Outdoorsman Lite from them Wednesday.

Hey, wait! There is a problem. I just tried to add a few more knives to my Amazon shopping cart and on what seems like random knives, I get a message that says they can't be shipped to my address. There is no explanation. And Amazon's customer service page link to "Contact us" leads to a dead end error... they provide no way to contact them!

The fact that they don't even give you a means to contact them is, alone, reason enough for me to cancel my Prime membership.

I noticed Amazon started blocking certain folding knives to NY about a year ago. Seems to be based upon size and assisted opening mainly, but others have been blocked for no apparent reason.

I see notices on some websites about not shipping to NY but when I’ve called, they specify it means NYC and haven’t had an issue, plus the shipping zip code plays into it. Sometimes certain zips will get flagged.

I wish people would realize that NY is a state of mostly forested land and rural towns, NYC is the stinking butthole that ruins the ride for everyone lol.

I see notices on some websites about not shipping to NY but when I’ve called, they specify it means NYC and haven’t had an issue, plus the shipping zip code plays into it. Sometimes certain zips will get flagged.
I've experienced that too. I live in the northern part of the state and my zip code is normally OK.
I wish people would realize that NY is a state of mostly forested land and rural towns, NYC is the stinking butthole that ruins the ride for everyone lol.
You got that right! (No offense to those who live in and love the big city!)

Here's the busy downtown section of my "city" of 1200 people...
etHzpc1.jpg

And the view from the top of the hill in the summertime...
WjpR9as.jpg

I've experienced that too. I live in the northern part of the state and my zip code is normally OK.

You got that right! (No offense to those who live in and love the big city!)

Here's the busy downtown section of my "city" of 1200 people...
etHzpc1.jpg

And the view from the top of the hill in the summertime...
WjpR9as.jpg

You guys forgot the dairy farms.

You guys forgot the dairy farms.

Those were included in my mind when I said rural towns, I could ever leave out the farmers! I grew up working on my grandpas dairy farm and worked on several other vegetable farms till I went away to college. My brother has his own farm as well, he hates working for other people lol.

So I was thinking about this, do we know if there's some new Amazon thing going on, or if it's third party sellers not wanting to deal with the hassle (many / most items are sold by third parties on Amazon) or is there some new fun regulation in the state of New York that people are having to deal with?

Back