1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

I'm hearing companies are stopping knife shipments to NY

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by needler420, Jan 8, 2021.

1. needler420

needler420

Apr 29, 2011
    Just today I've heard amazon and Midway USA stopped shipping knives to the state of NY.

Can anyone else confirm this?

2. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    Where did you hear this?

3. goldie

goldie

Feb 18, 2000
    I dont think its true i put a knife in my cart on amazon,a cold steel knife,just to see what happens,usually anything assisted they wont ship and it will say cannot ship to your location.and i put a knife in cart had it ready to pay on midway too so this info is not right....

4. needler420

needler420

Apr 29, 2011
    Knife groups on facebook.

5. Arathol

Arathol Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 1, 2003
  6. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Ahhh. Those bastions of truth.

:rolleyes:

7. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Amazon just delivered to me in Staten Island , which is one of the 5 boros of NYC, a Cold Steel bush ranger.. Delivered yesterday! IMG_20210108_050615.jpg

8. desmobob

desmobob

May 5, 2003
    A buddy of mine here in NY just ordered a Recon 1 from Amazon this evening. I received an Outdoorsman Lite from them Wednesday.

jfk1110 likes this.
  9. Silent H

Silent H

Feb 1, 2018
    I've lived in both NY and MA, and I've had Amazon refuse to ship knives to MA, but they had no issues when I tried to ship it to my old address in NY. That was about two years ago though.

I had an order denied at Blade HQ because it was an assisted knife, and they told me they didn't ship knives with springs in them through NYC. I lived on Long Island, so it had to go through NYC.

jfk1110 likes this.
  10. tltt

tltt

May 1, 2008
    Certain sellers are blocking NY or just NYC. Amazon too, is blocking certain models and sizes from the NY area. For instance the giant Cold Steel folders seem blocked, and assisted openers too (NYC doesn't like either of those features). It's kind of wonky, for instance I tried to buy a Buck 110 slim, and have it shipped to someone in NYC, no go. I picked a Ka-Bar Dozier, fine.

I notice it also changing on restocks. A model will be fine, go OOS, then on restock, it's blocked.

11. craytab

craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Did you ask the companies in question?

12. desmobob

desmobob

May 5, 2003
    Hey, wait! There is a problem. I just tried to add a few more knives to my Amazon shopping cart and on what seems like random knives, I get a message that says they can't be shipped to my address. There is no explanation. And Amazon's customer service page link to "Contact us" leads to a dead end error... they provide no way to contact them!

The fact that they don't even give you a means to contact them is, alone, reason enough for me to cancel my Prime membership.

Triton likes this.
  13. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    I know you all that live their love your state as you should, but you couldn't pay me enough to move there.

not2sharp, Batleship and 000Robert like this.
  14. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    I noticed Amazon started blocking certain folding knives to NY about a year ago. Seems to be based upon size and assisted opening mainly, but others have been blocked for no apparent reason.

skypeace likes this.
  15. Jsega51

Jsega51 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I see notices on some websites about not shipping to NY but when I’ve called, they specify it means NYC and haven’t had an issue, plus the shipping zip code plays into it. Sometimes certain zips will get flagged.

I wish people would realize that NY is a state of mostly forested land and rural towns, NYC is the stinking butthole that ruins the ride for everyone lol.

duramax, Quiet, Pomsbz and 3 others like this.
  16. desmobob

desmobob

May 5, 2003
    I've experienced that too. I live in the northern part of the state and my zip code is normally OK.
    You got that right! (No offense to those who live in and love the big city!)

Here's the busy downtown section of my "city" of 1200 people...
    [​IMG]

And the view from the top of the hill in the summertime...
    [​IMG]

duramax, Pomsbz, Triton and 4 others like this.
  17. Jsega51

Feb 11, 2015
    @desmobob Olean is a little bigger than that but the views are the same once you get a 1/2 mile out of town lol

duramax and desmobob like this.
  18. Wild Willie

Wild Willie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2018
    You guys forgot the dairy farms.

desmobob likes this.
  19. Jsega51

Feb 11, 2015
    Those were included in my mind when I said rural towns, I could ever leave out the farmers! I grew up working on my grandpas dairy farm and worked on several other vegetable farms till I went away to college. My brother has his own farm as well, he hates working for other people lol.

Wild Willie likes this.
  20. Triton

Triton Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2000
    So I was thinking about this, do we know if there's some new Amazon thing going on, or if it's third party sellers not wanting to deal with the hassle (many / most items are sold by third parties on Amazon) or is there some new fun regulation in the state of New York that people are having to deal with?