I'm just curious if such a law exists anywhere

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
We all know that most lawmakers don't know crap about how things really work and what is or isn't actually a contributor to crime stats...ect, they just go by what seems like a bad thing on paper whether or not it actually is.

So here's my question
Is there a known law anywhere that restricts the number of knives a person can carry at one time ?

I've never heard of such a law but wouldn't put it past the idiot politicians and if it does exist I'd expect it to come from New York or the UK.

I'd like to think nobody would be stupid enough to write such a law, but I know there are plenty of stupid politicians out there.

The only laws I know of that come close to limiting the number of knives one can have in your possession would be those that prohibit the possession of any knives at all, such as Philidelphia, which bans the carry of any knives on your person except those that are required for "your" work.

The only laws I know of that come close to limiting the number of knives one can have in your possession would be those that prohibit the possession of any knives at all, such as Philidelphia, which bans the carry of any knives on your person except those that are required for "your" work.
That's a horrible one.
I've got no reason to go there but would definitely have one in my pocket anyways.
Probably just a peanut but I'd have to have something.

I have never seen such a law, but that gives me an idea for a Guinness book attempt! :p:p:p

The law of gravity seems to provide the only limit in most places.

n2s

I would definitely hate to hear that such a law exists somewhere.
What spawned my question is the fact that most days at work the past month or so I've had 5 different knives on me, I know it's perfectly legal for me but started wondering if there were any places where it wasn't.

No legal expert (heck, or even ameture), but...

The only thing that comes to my mind would be one of the many "pile-on" laws that exist in every jurisdiction. In this case, maybe "public neusance", or "public endangerment" type of thing.

But they usually only come to the surface if something else is the trigger. Like with the kind of dummy that proclaims their right to bear arms, so they decide to mall walk with an AR slung on their back. So maybe avoid strolling around with 27 knives on a bandolier. :D

Even in UK , there is no law on how many you can carry. BUT some LEO ,if you were stopped ,would say you were breaking the law!

Back