I'm tired of my PM2

A Manix may fit the bill a little better than the PM2. It uses the CBBL system so it's kind of like an Axis lock. Blade wise, it's quite different being a leaf shape, that's not a bad thing, though.
That leaf shape is unhateabley, exquisitely beautiful

That leaf shape is unhateabley, exquisitely beautiful

You know I think that's what turns people away from the Manix. It's just not common blade shape anymore, but my god is it incredibly useful. I had a Sage before my Manix so I realized how great that shape is for EDC.

You know I think that's what turns people away from the Manix. It's just not common blade shape anymore, but my god is it incredibly useful. I had a Sage before my Manix so I realized how great that shape is for EDC.
I see they have sprint runs in the manix, so it must have more than a few devotees; a lot of people complain about the two handed closing mechanism. I considered buying a Lum Chinese folder until I found the manix xl, which has pretty much replaced the manix 2 in my pocket

The Cold Steel Lawman is about the same size, maybe stronger. Equal materials and fit and finish. Very close to as good ergonomics. Less money. Fine work knife and edc.

The Cold Steel Lawman is about the same size, maybe stronger. Equal materials and fit and finish. Very close to as good ergonomics. Less money. Fine work knife and edc.
How does the Lawman compare to the code 4?

Just another option... Although the PM2 is not my favorite knife, it shot way up in my rotation schedule after I beveled the G10 edges... Although I think I'm going to also round off the bolster to mimic the Military in the future.

View attachment 734892Here is my Bradley 2 with a forced patina which I like. As I stated above it's a tank of a knife the m4 stays super sharp even after a lot of use. Rides great in the pocket it's kicked everything but my case sod buster jr out of my pocket.
Gotta ask. I don't mind a patina, actually think it looks better that wat, but what about rust. Are,you constantly fighting it, soaking this in oil every night, OCD checking it for spots, etc? I don't worry about patience but cannot stand rust.

Gotta ask. I don't mind a patina, actually think it looks better that wat, but what about rust. Are,you constantly fighting it, soaking this in oil every night, OCD checking it for spots, etc? I don't worry about patience but cannot stand rust.
M4 still has 4 percent chromium, just wipe it off and store it, it will be fine.
Mine got a tiny bit darker on the jimping from my hand on it. Its hard for it to patina if you rinse the blade after use. One time i cut an apple with my mantra and didn't have chance to even wipe it properly. It got a little bit darker in one area, viewed under certain light, but it's pretty slow. Unless you are constantly sweating somewhere near ocean its good to go without much care and develops character over time.

I don't own any of the knives mentioned. Funny thing is once you find a knife you like and get used to it then nothing else really does it. Radical change then even less so.
I had to buy some Blackjack Folding Mamba's because I used and loved one for ten years. I own and use other knives but that knife I just like too much. I certainly know of technically superior knives and I like others, but....
I've yet to find a better knife than my Chris Reeve Project, even though I haven't a use for that style much any more.

So go for something you fancy because however good it is it won't be better than that "other" one. Even if it is you won't care.

No not at all I mean get it all sweaty sure or wet sure but not as much with the patina with just daily use. When I cut fruit I wipe it down but other then that I don't really oil it either

I've owned a ton of Spydercos (collected PM2's and Millies at one time), and figure the Slysz Bowie in CTS-XHP is one of the very finest on the market...of ANY brand.
I've had two, and they are smooth as can be...right with my CRK's.

Last edited:
If the Rift was not too heavy for you, and you want something better than the PM2 (IMHO), then consider the CH Knives CH 3504. I have a PM2, and I prefer the CH 3504 over the PM2 without reservation. I did a review on it here:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/ch-knives-ch-3504-wow.1510700/
CH3504_open.jpg

Back