I'm Work'n Hard but Still Kik'n

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Sorry that I have not had much of a presence around here the last couple months.
With the realization that Blade Show was fast approaching and quite a few irons still in the fire I knew I had to get some things moving.
I have been knocking out some long standing custom orders, with several still waiting to get worked on, along with getting some Blade Show stock built up.
I have been playing with some new handle materials and steels. If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you have seen glimpses of what I am working on. I will try to get a few pictures up here in the next week or so to show what I will be taking to Blade as well as the new materials.
Some may have seen or hear that the new steel is S125V. I have made 10 knives so far with 4 already spoken for. This steel is pretty great so far. I have not had the chance to use it a lot but my first impressions is that it has an amazingly aggressive cutting nature, much more so than 10V. I'm really looking forward to getting more time in and use with this steel.

You can check out my Big Chris Facebook here. You do not have to be a member, user, or have a facebook profile to look at the Big Chris stuff
https://www.facebook.com/Big-Chris-Custom-Knives-184888911545849/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

You can also find me on Instagram at big_chris_custom_knives or the link below
https://www.instagram.com/big_chris_custom_knives/

Also, as was stated in a previous Nessmuk Group Buy thread, the CPM 3V had been ordered and was received. I also already have the knives laid out on the sheets to be sawed out. I laid out 12 knives with 2 being spares if something bad happens. If there are no issues with the first 10 there will be 2 extra spots open later on. I do not yet know if I will get them cut out before Blade or not. When they are cut, profiled, and rough ground I will send them to Peters for heat treat. At that time I will be opening the sign-up thread.
I will also do a WIP or Build-Along thread chronicling the process.

Thanks for all of your patience and support.
I promise that things will be back to normal very soon.

Big Chris

Very cool Chris, you just can't help yourself when it comes to the impossible alloys!
I assumed that you had Blade fever and were locked in the shop. :)

Last edited:
I'm a follower. I love my Big Chris knives. I also think I have the coolest one that you've made.

Hopefully, I'll make to the Blade Show and use the opportunity to meet you there, Chris

hey Chris, welcome "back". I've been wondering about the BF silence and not being a facebooker did not think to check there or elsewhere. Glad to hear things are productive and look forward to reports and pics as things progress.

ok - just checked FB. Awesome looking work as always and I really like some of the new designs!

bob

Last edited:
Looking good. Are you going to still list available knives here on BF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking good. Are you going to still list available knives here on BF?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After Blade Show I will for sure.
I may go through my bag and pick a couple out to sell before Blade Show.

Currently I am working on finishing the S125V knives and one custom that I want to have on display at Blade.

Can't wait to see the Muks, Chris. It's my favorite blade shape. I'll be selling some excess knives to get ready for the group buy!!!

Bring on the Scappers!

Hope you have a successful Blade. :thumbup:

Bring on the Scappers!

Hope you have a successful Blade. :thumbup:

I have a few Scrappers in S125V that will be available at Blade Show.

After that I will make a few more in the thin 10V in a couple months.

Back