Imgur, auto resizing has stopped working/

cudgee

Gold Member
When i post a photo only one size is placed in my post, a very large one. No matter what size i choose in the auto resize, i only get the one large photo placed. Am i missing something or doing something wrong. Have tried to contact Imgur, that is a nightmare. Nearly impossible to get any sort of contact or help from them.

When i post a photo only one size is placed in my post, a very large one. No matter what size i choose in the auto resize, i only get the one large photo placed. Am i missing something or doing something wrong. Have tried to contact Imgur, that is a nightmare. Nearly impossible to get any sort of contact or help from them.

when you post your imgur links, you can manually type a letter at the end of the image’s character string right before the . in the “.jpg”, the character will dictate what size is posted.

what size did you want to post instead of the full-size image?

when you post your imgur links, you can manually type a letter at the end of the image’s character string right before the . in the “.jpg”, the character will dictate what size is posted.

what size did you want to post instead of the full-size image?
Mate, i am not tech savy, typing in things in links is beyond me. Sometimes depending on what i have posted, i just want to post a small picture. I used to be able to do this, with a range of sizes to select from, now this does not work.

Mate, i am not tech savy, typing in things in links is beyond me. Sometimes depending on what i have posted, i just want to post a small picture. I used to be able to do this, with a range of sizes to select from, now this does not work.

What source/method are you acquiring your image links from? Imgur app or desktop website?

What source/method are you acquiring your image links from? Imgur app or desktop website?
On a laptop that i have set up on an office table.
jcK6wkM.jpg

Just trying again.
FgCMbY9.jpg

Ok, I think I might understand what you're trying to do now, I apologize for yesterday as I was on my phone and rather busy so I was not able to help out once I realized you were on your laptop.

By the auto-resize I'm assuming you mean the option you get when you add new images, yes? This?

auto.PNG

Are you choosing your size before uploading your photos, or are you choosing the size and then copying links from photos you've previously uploaded?

Ok, I think I might understand what you're trying to do now, I apologize for yesterday as I was on my phone and rather busy so I was not able to help out once I realized you were on your laptop.

By the auto-resize I'm assuming you mean the option you get when you add new images, yes? This?

View attachment 1392331

Are you choosing your size before uploading your photos, or are you choosing the size and then copying links from photos you've previously uploaded?
Mate, you do not have to apologize, i realize everyone has their lives to lead. I am very grateful to you for getting back to me and offering your help. Yes, it is the auto size that you underlined that i am having a problem with, i am doing the latter that you asked, copying links from photos i have previously uploaded. This is how i have always done it and never had a problem, but for some reason this does not work anymore.

Mate, you do not have to apologize, i realize everyone has their lives to lead. I am very grateful to you for getting back to me and offering your help. Yes, it is the auto size that you underlined that i am having a problem with, i am doing the latter that you asked, copying links from photos i have previously uploaded. This is how i have always done it and never had a problem, but for some reason this does not work anymore.

Hmmm, that Auto-resize feature is only for when you're initially uploading the photos to Imgur, I don't believe it does anything once the photos are already uploaded. The test I just ran had it resize the image I uploaded to Imgur after choosing the size, but when I chose the size and tried to copy a link to an image I already had uploaded it didn't do anything.

For images you have already uploaded the only way to use the same image link to display a smaller version of the photo is by selecting one of these options at the bottom right of the window that pops up when you click on an image. What it does is auto-add an extra letter at the end of the link that displays it in the size you want.

resize.PNG

Hmmm, that Auto-resize feature is only for when you're initially uploading the photos to Imgur, I don't believe it does anything once the photos are already uploaded. The test I just ran had it resize the image I uploaded to Imgur after choosing the size, but when I chose the size and tried to copy a link to an image I already had uploaded it didn't do anything.

For images you have already uploaded the only way to use the same image link to display a smaller version of the photo is by selecting one of these options at the bottom right of the window that pops up when you click on an image. What it does is auto-add an extra letter at the end of the link that displays it in the size you want.

View attachment 1392488
Thanks, maybe it IS me, i think i may be losing it as i get older.:eek: I will try what you have suggested, but i think i can guarantee you will be right. Thanks for all your help, take care and stay safe my friend,:):thumbsup:.

View attachment 1392488
Your the man.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back