Imgur do i have to download from their site.

cudgee

Gold Member
i am computer illiterate, and i mean completely computer illiterate e.g. I'm old. After 3 days of trying to get photos from my phone to my computer i have finally managed to do it, not even sure i know how i did it. I presume i need some sort of hosting site e.g. imgur to post pictures on the forum. Do i have to download something from their website, and if so, i could do with some help. Do i just google their website and proceed to download, and will it appear on the forum page by itself when i want to post a picture. I have watched a youtube presentation on how to post images on a forum, does not look to difficult. But i need to know how to get imgur onto the forum page. Sorry to be a pest, but i really struggle with computers. Took me 4 days to place my avatar.

Thanks for that. But just to be sure, so i don't stuff it up. Do i have to actually download from imgur, or to i just type it in as per the instructions on the link you showed. sorry if i am confusing you, but this is the bit i am struggling with.

Yes as a gold member you can upload directly, but the file size limit seems to be 500kb.

To use imgur, just go to their site and create an account. You then upload the pictures to their site. To post them here, you click on the image on imgur, and it will show various links on the right side...you want to copy the BBCode link and then paste that link here in your post.

Last edited:
Thanks. I will have a play around with it. Thanks for you input and help. It is just frustrating not being able to be able to post on the forum. I have some nice knives that i think members may be interested in. You have a good day and week my friend.:):thumbsup:

You upload pictures to the image hosting site. (Load the site with your pictures)
Then by using the site you have to get a direct link to your picture. Later you click insert image button on this forum and paste the link in it
If your phone is smart enough you download the imagur application so that you can "share" pictures with this app on the phone.
This will take you through the upload process and you can skip the getting your pictures to computer first step

Thanks for your help. But i am well out of my depth there my friend.

You upload pictures to the image hosting site. (Load the site with your pictures)
Then by using the site you have to get a direct link to your picture. Later you click insert image button on this forum and paste the link in it
If your phone is smart enough you download the imagur application so that you can "share" pictures with this app on the phone.
This will take you through the upload process and you can skip the getting your pictures to computer first step

Not sure about phones, but I don't use the insert image function on my tablet or PC. I either just copy/paste the BBCode link from imgur directly into the post, or use the Upload a File button if the pic is less than 500kB

Don't beat yourself up cudgee cudgee ;) I bet I'm older than you. :thumbsup: If you have photos going from your phone to your desk top or to a lap top computer you are more than 1/2 way there.

You can just place a photo or 2 (or 6) on your "desk top" - meaning your computer window - then drag it to a thread. After a second or two you will see a message - DROP FILES HERE TO UNLOAD and then once you drag your photo to where your cursor is in your post you will see a small image of your photo below the post and the option to use a "full image" or "thumbnail". Select one. I prefer full image.

It is as easy as that. NOW - if you receive a message that the image file is too large :confused: that will start another discussion. I use a photo program to edit and size my images. IMGUR will do that for you too. I prefer not to depend on other hosting sites. I depend on my Photoshop Elements program so that I can do it all from my computer.

I don't know how others download from phones to BF without IMGUR or other hosting sights but I think there might be a way. I just use a laptop so never an issue.

Don't get discouraged. You can learn this too. Just be patient. I have faith in you - Old Man :)

Ray

Your faith is surely misplaced. I have hit my first hurdle. Just had another try. BINGO image too large to download. Now i am stuffed.!!!

Not sure about phones, but I don't use the insert image function on my tablet or PC. I either just copy/paste the BBCode link from imgur directly into the post, or use the Upload a File button if the pic is less than 500kB
Yeah on a phone you don't get the option, but that's cool, I checked it out.

Trying to insert image

Your faith is surely misplaced. I have hit my first hurdle. Just had another try. BINGO image too large to download. Now i am stuffed.!!!

At least it is only your 1st hurdle not the 12th ;) I can't make any more suggestions because my own system is limited to an iMac computer. No experience with cell phone photos or PC computers. There must be a way to reduce the photo "file" size with your phone before you move the photo(s) to your computer or after you bring it from your phone to the computer desk top. I just don't know the system. I think this is why an image hosting site - such as IMGUR - is so useful.

More and useful advice from others will follow. Good luck.

Ray

At least it is only your 1st hurdle not the 12th ;) I can't make any more suggestions because my own system is limited to an iMac computer. No experience with cell phone photos or PC computers. There must be a way to reduce the photo "file" size with your phone before you move the photo(s) to your computer or after you bring it from your phone to the computer desk top. I just don't know the system. I think this is why an image hosting site - such as IMGUR - is so useful.

Ray
Imgur makes it much easier.

Hey cudgee cudgee , read the link in my signature.

Rykjeklut Rykjeklut - you know you can make your signature link a HOT link.

These Steps - Copy your link - type some pertinent link title in your signature space - for example -

EASY WAY TO POST PHOTOS

- highlight your title ^, click the link option in the header, paste your link in URL then click INSERT and there you have a hot link in your sig. line or in a thread.

Ray

(Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know. cudgee cudgee - take note)

Last edited:
Y
Rykjeklut Rykjeklut - you know you can make your signature link a HOT link.

These Steps - Copy your link - type some pertinent link title in your signature space - for example -

EASY WAY TO POST PHOTOS

- highlight your title ^, click the link option in the header, paste your link in URL then click INSERT and there you have a hot link in your sig. line or in a thread.

Ray

(Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know. cudgee cudgee - take note)
Well yeah, but I feel like the link is already pretty self explanatory.

I'm doing something wrong. When i try to get a photo from imgur to my forum post, all i get is

A51FiI4.jpg
[/IMG] Why when i press the image button the image window has a red cross in the right hand corner. I have been back and forward by email to imgur done everything they have told me to do and all i get is this poxy green image at the start of this post!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well my friend, i have hit my 1st hurdle, 12th hurdle and just crashed through about my 20th. I told you that you placed far too much faith in me.:confused:

Ray

Back