Imgur do i have to download from their site.

test
XrPX35e.jpg
XrPX35e.jpg
[/IMG]

My only guess it that you might be using the wrong link.

It should look like it does in my post.
Thanks. I just need to practice. But the picture i just posted is far too big, how do i downsize it?

Well cudgee cudgee looks like 21 is the charm. :cool: Congrats! As for resizing - don't know IMGUR but you will need a crop and/or resize image function that is likely offered in their program.

Rykjeklut Rykjeklut - yes your sig line thread title is self explanatory - didn't mean to suggest that you needed to rename so much as that you could make it a hot link. No need to add a title - just insert the link.

Ray

Well cudgee cudgee looks like 21 is the charm. :cool: Congrats! As for resizing - don't know IMGUR but you will need a crop and/or resize image function that is likely offered in their program.

Rykjeklut Rykjeklut - yes your sig line thread title is self explanatory - didn't mean to suggest that you needed to rename so much as that you could make it a hot link. No need to add a title - just insert the link.

Ray
Oh wow. I hadn't realized that it didn't actually lead anywhere until just now. :oops:
Guess we're all learning something in this thread.

As far as I know Imgur doesn't resize your pictures, but there are several sites out there that do. Just a quick search for "image resizer" gave me tons of hits. Can't vouch for any of them tho.

Would like to thank everyone for all your help, it has been a great help and very much appreciated. Would like to give special mention to RayseM RayseM , jlauffer jlauffer and Rykjeklut Rykjeklut , thank you all for your patience. And just so you all know for future reference, you can resize on imgur, the only trick is you have to do it " Before " you download your photo. And i must say, imgur have been fantastic to deal with, answered all my queries promptly and with images and language a computer illiterate could understand, and nothing was too much trouble for them. So you all have a great week.;)

A very delighted, you are welcome, coming from me to you cudgee cudgee . Enjoy showing off with photos. :thumbsup: That activity adds an entirely fun extra to being on the forum :) Up until now we all thought you were just pretending :D

Cheers, Ray

A very delighted, you are welcome, coming from me to you cudgee cudgee . Enjoy showing off with photos. :thumbsup: That activity adds an entirely fun extra to being on the forum :) Up until now we all thought you were just pretending :D

Cheers, Ray
You are not the first person to think that my whole life has been based on false pretenses and :poop:. :rolleyes:.:D.:thumbsup:.

Would like to thank everyone for all your help, it has been a great help and very much appreciated. Would like to give special mention to RayseM RayseM , jlauffer jlauffer and Rykjeklut Rykjeklut , thank you all for your patience. And just so you all know for future reference, you can resize on imgur, the only trick is you have to do it " Before " you download your photo. And i must say, imgur have been fantastic to deal with, answered all my queries promptly and with images and language a computer illiterate could understand, and nothing was too much trouble for them. So you all have a great week.;)

Glad you got it figured out:thumbsup:. Now I need to post my own tech support thread...don't seem to be getting alerts when someone tags me:confused:

Glad you got it figured out:thumbsup:. Now I need to post my own tech support thread...don't seem to be getting alerts when someone tags me:confused:
Go to your profile page, and see what alerts you have turned on, i think it is under alert preferences.

Go to your profile page, and see what alerts you have turned on, i think it is under alert preferences.

Yeah I checked that...they're all on. Last time I noticed I was tagged and didn't get an alert i went in and turned that one off and back on, guess it didn't work.

Yeah I checked that...they're all on. Last time I noticed I was tagged and didn't get an alert i went in and turned that one off and back on, guess it didn't work.
Go to contact us and send the bosses an email, they may have an answer.

Having a play around with positioning and sizing. So disregard my indulgence, all good.:thumbsup:
a361mRl.jpg

View attachment 1166565

Just a basic photo editor program will help a lot. Lighting/shadow correction and cropping are essential, IMHO. I use Adobe Photo Shop Elements. There are others.

Composition is worth studying too. Backgrounds and keeping random stuff out of the photo, and in your case (CASE ;)) above, keeping the foam background high enough to be a complete background rather than just a portion of the background behind the blade, would have helped. There are folks who use light boxes. Their results are much more consistent. I like photos taken outside or with creative backgrounds. Lighting in all these cases is key. Sunny days with lots of shadows make good knife photography - with shiny surfaces - especially challenging. :(

Ray

Last edited:
Back