Imitation Stag

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
This Camillus has Imitation (Delrin?) Stag handles, that look kinda cool!! They certainly resemble nicely aged Burnt Stag, in a sturdy material! If you have some of this material, please post a picture for us!!
The knife is not imitation, but is a burly 4 1/4" Bear of a knife!!:) In stainless, I suspect this knife will last a long time through the ages, much longer than I will!!:eek::D
I imagine the number on the back of the main tang is the pattern number, not the year!?!
Anyone??;)Imitation Stag 1.jpg Imitation Stag 2.jpg Imitation Stag 3.jpg
Hard to get a picture of the etch!! The ring is a cross between Navajo and Haida art!! Imitation Stag 4.jpg Imitation Stag 5.jpg

I'm not usually a big fan of imitation stag, except for that type on your Camillus.
Boker USA did a nice job with Delrin, too.
9o9lU8W.jpg

Wal mart has fake stag on some of their knives. They had a folder fixed blade packages deal for $29
Edit sorry for the snarky remark, yours looks pretty good.

Last edited:
waynorth waynorth Charlie, I'd post a picture of my knives with faux stag, however, I remember you asking that I not show you pictures of my knives made in China again. Out of respect for you, I shall continue to honor that request. :)
The Marbles MR417 two blade slipjoint folding hunter I have has almost real looking faux stag covers. My Uncle Henry 885 ... not so much.
The made in USA "Remington" (no "R" number) canoe I have with faux stag covers ... lets just say the Uncle Henry covers look better/more "real" ...
I'll not post a picture of that "Remington" as I don't wanna hurt anyone's eyes...

My grandfather having been a farmer loved Delrin. He once told me how grateful he and his peers were when "plastic" became available because of it's durability. He shared with me that natural materials were too easily broken during hard use. Maybe why I like micarta, not that I need it but my grandfather was an influential force. People in his day did not buy their knives to impress, they bought them to use and the longer one could use the same knife the better.

A Couple Additional Schrades in "Staglon"
nMysSrn.jpg

This Camillus has Imitation (Delrin?) Stag handles, that look kinda cool!! They certainly resemble nicely aged Burnt Stag, in a sturdy material! If you have some of this material, please post a picture for us!!
The knife is not imitation, but is a burly 4 1/4" Bear of a knife!!:) In stainless, I suspect this knife will last a long time through the ages, much longer than I will!!:eek::D
I imagine the number on the back of the main tang is the pattern number, not the year!?!
Anyone??;)View attachment 1394528 View attachment 1394529 View attachment 1394530
Hard to get a picture of the etch!! The ring is a cross between Navajo and Haida art!! View attachment 1394531 View attachment 1394532
Mate i recall reading somewhere once that that is the model number, but more experienced members then me will know.:confused:

Having a look at some of the knives posted here they look really good, i am going to post a photo just to point out the difference of quality. I bought this online in a job lot because it was cheap, about $6 US, it was advertised as Staglon. You will all be able to tell the difference even in the photo, i really like the look of all your knives you have posted, no comparison to this photo. Take care all.:)
1k4yy1P.jpg

My grandfather having been a farmer loved Delrin. He once told me how grateful he and his peers were when "plastic" became available because of it's durability. He shared with me that natural materials were too easily broken during hard use. Maybe why I like micarta, not that I need it but my grandfather was an influential force. People in his day did not buy their knives to impress, they bought them to use and the longer one could use the same knife the better.

A Couple Additional Schrades in "Staglon"
nMysSrn.jpg
Your grandfathers generation as was mine, were just practical people, and tools and implements were to be used, and they had to last. My father always said, when it came to buying tools and knives etc., always buy the best you can afford, they will last you a lifetime if you look after them. And i love your 2 Schrade examples, the scales look fantastic.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back