Imperial and Colonial higher end lines

Got this beauty in the mail today. 3 7/8"/delrin scales. Nice, well finished, hefty knife.
Seems pretty similar in quality to the Case knives I have handled. I read they used
1095 on the Old Cutler stuff. Solid pulls, Quite a bargain!
kluSqVv.jpg

Very nice.

Some very nice knives shown by edbeau and Kamagong, but I would certainly suggest not to shy away from less expensive shell wrapped handled knives. Imperial offered some wonderful and quite interesting post WWII examples which can be found at very reasonable prices. Enclosed are a few examples.

View attachment 786527

View attachment 786528

View attachment 786529

I have the matching Barlow to that letter opener. It's stamped Hammer brand. The 3rd generation of the stamp so mine was made 45-55. I have had a couple of the camp/scouts one was a KampKing the other a CampKing. They were sharper than a scalpel. Even this Barlow is stupid sharp. I carried the two scout/camp knives, that's how I lost them. The clam never came off but one of my Kings black enamel came off one side. Just ploped off in one piece. I think it went threw the wash and dryer.......I use to run into them a lot at the antique stores but not so much anymore. I lucked out on the Barlow. $5

Hey guys...is this Imperial worth picking up? Looks like it was made between 1946-56. Appears to be in decent condition.
00f0f_23vT1ACdYAY_600x450.jpg

00x0x_dFfNqUjnYNV_600x450.jpg

00N0N_jfc4BxFuCrp_600x450.jpg

Interesting thread, and some great knives being shown :thumbsup:

Kevin-B, about 7 years or so and so you don't have to count them, there is 135 of them.

Whats it worth & whats a reasonable price to pay?

You need at least a gold membership to ask value.
I would either get one so you can ask, or search eBay auction sales and see what they in Similar condition have sold for.
I wouldn't want to pay more than $20, but I don't know if this would really be a reasonable price to offer someone for it.

Back