Imperial 'Happy Days',& Novelty Folding knives and Novelty Fixed Blades.

G'day,
A member on Bernard Levines Forum was trying to identify an Imperial Key knife <2 variations in my photos> by quoting the 3 Patent numbers on the tang.....when I looked at a number of my small Imperial Folders many had the same/similar numbers even though they were all different shape knives.
I show the numbers on a small Jack which was from the Schrade Factory collection <with my certificate of Authenticity!> which I do believe is correct as the seller back in 2005/06 had access to the Schrade Collection knives and I purchased a significant number of them....including the 3OT and 2OT from the Conference Room....
anyway the answer on BL's forum which I found interesting was, Patents 2170537 =Knife Handle and Component parts Imperial, Mirando 1938.....2284833 = Method and Apparatus for making knife handles and component parts thereof..Imperial, Mirando 1938....they had no bearing on the actual style of knife....
Here are some photos of "Happy Days" knives and some of novelty knives <many bearing those same patent numbers>..i.e. knife tie bars, Craftsman 3D <change message depending on the angle viewed> little tomahawk knives,smokers knife and whole series in brushed silver plus some others you may find interesting from a bygone era when life seemed simpler and invariably happier and it was reflected in their knife designs....now they make fantasy knives for obvious reasons IMHO.......Hoo Roo.
P.S. What hope would I have of attempting to put together a Schrade Collection like mine if I was starting out now rather than 8/9 years ago....?...at least they all remain in the same condition as when I aquired them for posterity?...more like the Salvation Army my wife will take them all to when I pass so she tells me... so the homeless can peel their apples/oranges!.....imagine peeling your apple with the only 3OT Old Timer in captivity!

Attachments

• P9230001.jpg
    P9230001.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • P9230005.jpg
    P9230005.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P9230008.jpg
    P9230008.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 44
  • P9230009.jpg
    P9230009.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 38
  • P9230010.jpg
    P9230010.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
some more....

Attachments

• P9230011.jpg
    P9230011.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P9230012.jpg
    P9230012.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 30
  • P9230013.jpg
    P9230013.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 28
  • P9230015.jpg
    P9230015.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 27
  • P9230023.jpg
    P9230023.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 33
Larry,
Nice collection!!! They sure are colorful, aren't they? I believe those patents pertain to the way their shell handled, bolsterless knives were constructed. Those Mirandos sure were inventive!

Eric

Great stuff Larry. I'm digging that pair of Davy Crockett knives.:thumbup: Have always liked the two-tones also.

I really like the fixed-blades: ultra "campy" handles. I could have bought the NIB set with the matching axe too for $25.00 but cheaped out. Now I regret it. Great shots Larry as always.

Nice ones Larry. I like the Imperials, they are fun to collect.

Here are some of mine that have made it into a knife roll.
coll009.jpg
[/IMG]

coll010.jpg
[/IMG]

I have many other that I just have not gotten around to "processing".

Thanks for sharing.

Glenn

Photos of the Happy Days knives....for new chum collectors to this Schrade Forum....give you an idea of many of the knives forming the Schrade Family of knives...Hoo Roo

Re-birthed to stimulate further Forum discussions and hopefully see more photos posted of your collections.....Hoo Roo

Colourful unique Imperial/Schrade folders....we'll never see innovation like this again..IMO..Hoo Roo

Another thread I posted where the initial knife photos have not been wiped....Happy Days knives....from a better era.....some unique knives photographed together here...enjoy...Hoo Roo

Do folk still collect what I call the 'Happy Days' Novelty knives?.....the colorful photos in this thread opening, must be considered fairly unique, as they represented knives from the collections of Schrade Associated Co blade collectors, now passed, that I managed to put together.......Hoo Roo

Back