Imperial Tang Stamp Chart

This is from The Official Price Guide to Collector Knives XV
2433758666_d1b3998fd3.jpg

Comments?
Criticisms?

My main criticism is it looks like the author wrote them by hand with a pen :confused:
It would be nice to know what the original FONT looked like
Still...I think it's helpful

i don't think anyone is counterfeiting (or has) Imperials, so those diagrams are enough for me. roland

Those tang stamps look almost exactly like these, which I had saved from another thread somewhere back. It looks like they came from Knife World, however, I don't know who to give credit to.

ImperialTangStamps1.jpg

ImperialTangStamps2.jpg

ImperialTangStamps3.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, these are the only record of stamps I have ever seen. (However, my knowledge is limited. :eek: )

Hope this helps...

Glenn

Thanks for the list. This will help with my collection of Imperials.

....Be..Veerry...veerry caweful....Chinee now make honourable Barlow and others with identical Imperial Tang with crown as in iwwustration 12 above..'we just weave off made in China not to fool you..no not to fool you..we just think it wook velly better that way...anyway that originawy honourable chinee Imperial crown design you steal from us in first pwace'.....
Bay #330233921234 Whoo Who....

....Bwister pack not for mailing...you see it have China on it and we no want spoil Chinee iwwusion do we Cookie boys??....

You see we now make Chirade Supa Stuffed Stool...I mean Supa Tough Tool as weell...it look very like real Super Tool with a bwade,a tweezer, a priers, a bawistic nywon sheath and a wots of fings to get you into a real emergency.. and you go real balistic when you use it....uh..uh..uh.......then you right in the Kung Pao!! Whroo Wroo.

Last edited:
well when i said no one was faking Imperials, i wasn't thinking of the current rash of Imperials because to me they are so obviously new that i didn't think of it as faking. but actually it is, as a bareass novice might be fooled if he were drunk.
o.k. so now a minor thread hijack. Larry mentions Schrade Tough Tools being made in China; which models ?
quite a few Schrade Tough Tools have shown up on ebay recently, described as "NEW" but also "made in USA". so did Schrade make their Tough Tools, or were they contracted out ? if the latter, then are these "New USA" ones a continuation of that contract by Taylor ? roland

Roland,Ebay #200221715953 box will tell you all you need to know.....listed under Weatherman..I mean Leatherman.......
then different model Ebay#200222563030......
I believe Schrade made their tools and Codger posted some photos of factory in full manufacturing swing somewhere on this forum.Maybe on Lrv's site under photos?
Be veeerryy veeerryy caweful buying any of the former marks as they are right into nostalgia at the moment...for posterity reasons of course........Hoo Roo

I just acquired this Imperial{the front one} that has a tang stamp matching #11. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Thanks from a newbie.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 76
Could someone tell me what pattern the knife in my post above is. The tang stamp shows 1946-1956 production.

You don't show us the stamp or state the closed length, but a guess is that it is a Jackmaster JM301BKP. Look here.

Thanks Codger_64 for the reply and the link. The tang stamp matches number 11 in the above list but I havent been able to take a suitable photo. The knife is just over
3 3/4 amost 3 3/8s Thanks again chickenplucker

Trent Rock the patent numbers are there but the second one is obscured by the bolster. The top number appears to be 2179537 or 2179337. Thanks

Trent and Glenn,

Thanks for posting those Imperial Tang Charts. Now, I can date the only Imperial knives I have, a 'Kamp King' Combo. Got it just because I never seen one before.

Imperial 'Kamp King' Combo
XXImperialKampKingCombo1946-56ca.jpg

Jackie
Civil_war_generalab-1-1.gif

Nice....Jackie, I reckon you and Timstools should be our "Official Knife Photographers", I kinda just take photos of them lying there!Hoo Roo

Back