Impinda - barely there and already forgotten?

Is there any news on the Impinda? Such as: availability, inlays, decorations, release of a smaller model, long-term experience ...

It was released in 2018. It’s in stock at many national retailers. I’ve not seen any announcements about lays or decorative editions. I don’t know how long term 9 months is, but mine is still carrying well.

I suspect the shop is focused on the release of the Sebenza 31.

What does "barely there" mean? As in it rides so comfortably and is so useful you forget you're carrying it? :D

I'm sure a whole host of options will come to the Impinda when they get around to it. Availability wise it's still tight, if you see a dealer with one in stock you should buy it.

In my ~10 months of carrying an Impinda very regularly I find it to be an exceptionally useful knife. It's comfortable, has an excellent blade shape, and I love the action on it. Very smooth and always secure. I thought I would miss the half-stop present on some more traditional slipjoint models but I don't. The full open/close cycle is a little addicting, and I'm glad to have a CRK with a stock swedge again. I think the Impinda is a very successful hit and I hope it continues on in their lineup for a very long time.

What's this about a smaller model?

One of the best designs ever from CRK and of course was designed by Mr. Harsey. I have 2 of them ( one from each Gen if you will ) and love them. So hoping for CGG/UG Down the road.

Please describe the difference in the generations, and where , date wise , or feature wise the delineation is. I have one 3/27/19 that is a great little knife, but I do favor the Sebenza, just mainly the 1 hand say opening I'm used to. ( yes I know you can open the Impinda with one hand ...... if you're co-ordinated). I'm thinking already forgotten as in rarely mentioned in this forum.

Please describe the difference in the generations, and where

The first 50 at Blade (not numbered, not prototypes) had two very minor differences from later Impindas. First, the clip is tweaked, instead of having two contact points it has a single contact point on one side. Second, the pivot screw is timed and makes it easier to take apart and put back together.

I could see myself with an Impinda. But I don’t really see the value in it compared to every other CRK and I’m not particularly attracted to the overall design.

I will wind up with one eventually.
Next in line is a small 31 CGG (employment permitting).
After that, Impinda.

ATM I’m only interested in acquiring knives that will still interest me 20 years down the road. The Impinda should fit that category.

I could see myself with an Impinda. But I don’t really see the value in it compared to every other CRK and I’m not particularly attracted to the overall design.

I'm kind of with you. I tend to like the large CRK's best but I'm wondering what the Impinda offers that I should opt for it over a small 21?

I have no laws preventing a one hand opening knife.

This is knowledge for me. Thank you. I have one impinda, i’d like more (reference Adam Sandler quote). Mine has the one side-contact clip but I use it on my ti-lock.

Got one in July after a five month hunt. Outstanding design and quality as expected from CR Knives. Wise addition to the line for those who travel or live in jurisdictions with tough knife laws. It has caused me to put my Slippy away... Working on the marks and scars of a well used EDC. Glad they managed to get production in line with demand.

Could someone please show pictures of all parts of his decomposed Impinda? Are there any tips on how best to disassemble and assemble? Can´t find a "how to" video on the internet.

I like how it feels in the hand, that back is so ergonomic.
I love the blade shape, the knife has a flow in it from tip to toe.
I miss onehand opening.

Ordered mine the moment they were announced and I've carried it regularly since it arrived at my doorstep. As slippies go, it's pretty much in a league of its own. Initially, I was psyched because finally, here was a CRK that I could carry 100% legally here in NYC, but even after the laws were recently changed to allow for locking folders it still remains one of my go-to knives by virtue of its exceptional ergos, sleek lines and Harsey pedigree.

Long story short: great knife and proof positive that Tim is a chip off the ol' block.

Regards,
Adam

Back