Impinda Review by an Average Guy

That’s cool, opinions vary. If I pay $450 it had better be perfect out of the box, not require me to order more parts. I don’t think this knife is wildly popular and mostly due to the cost. The Sebenza is the flagship and to cost the same? That’s a whole lotta “nope” from me.

I’m glad some people like it, and I’m glad CRK ventured into the traditional arena. I’m happy with my large sebenza.

I guess opinions differ. I found the Sebenza to be either too large or too small, if they made a medium sized Sebenza I would probably like it more than the Impinda but at the moment the size options just are a bit too much or a bit too little.

I guess opinions differ. I found the Sebenza to be either too large or too small, if they made a medium sized Sebenza I would probably like it more than the Impinda but at the moment the size options just are a bit too much or a bit too little.
I think you’re on to something here. I agree.. maybe they can call it the “Sebenza 26” and charge around $415. That would be a fantastic sized knife, and 3.3”... but I digress. Thanks

That’s a really ballanced and very detailed review. Like it a lot. And I like my Impinda too :)
Oh holy crap! Actually it was your review that initially got me excited about the Impinda. You even took it camping and fishing! Tell me, how did the Impinda do in the outdoors? Did you notice any major strengths or weaknesses?

Oh holy crap! Actually it was your review that initially got me excited about the Impinda. You even took it camping and fishing! Tell me, how did the Impinda do in the outdoors? Did you notice any major strengths or weaknesses?

Thanks! I like Impinda as a camping folder. Sure, locking one handers are cool, but for safe traveling across Europe a 3” bladed two-hand slip joint is jusy perfect solution. I use it also often as office knife and business travel knife, much more socially acceptable than my Inkosi or even Sebenza (let alone Spyderco Military etc.). And I like it overall as a pocket knife, very comfortable in hand, reliable, easy to operate. And Bill is my good friend so I really enjoy using knives Designed by him.

titrio_web.jpg

Thanks! I like Impinda as a camping folder. Sure, locking one handers are cool, but for safe traveling across Europe a 3” bladed two-hand slip joint is jusy perfect solution. I use it also often as office knife and business travel knife, much more socially acceptable than my Inkosi or even Sebenza (let alone Spyderco Military etc.). And I like it overall as a pocket knife, very comfortable in hand, reliable, easy to operate. And Bill is my good friend so I really enjoy using knives Designed by him.

titrio_web.jpg

Great picture! I imagine safety is also a concern with other folders as well. I find back locks and slip joints feel very safe to me, because when they are closed they have a strong biased to remain closed. No open knives in the pack for camping I imagine would be great peace of mind.

Yeah, that’s a good point too. The last thing I want is a folder accidentally opened in a pack.

Just remember that in many EU countries a locking one-hand knife is considered illegal weapon. That’s why Impinda is really an important knife for Europe. Having said that…. in Poland, where I live, any knife is legal to own and carry. Even full-size OTF double edge serrated dagger on a street.

Fantastic write up. I am a fan of traditional slip joints and initially did not warm up to the Impinda. I figured…what does the Impinda offer me that a traditional from GEC or Case does not? Your review educated me and now has me thinking of finally getting that Impinda.

Fantastic write up. I am a fan of traditional slip joints and initially did not warm up to the Impinda. I figured…what does the Impinda offer me that a traditional from GEC or Case does not? Your review educated me and now has me thinking of finally getting that Impinda.

I think that a GEC or a Case will not be a good replacement for an Impinda. GEC and Case and traditional slip joints absolutely have their place. They have deep history, beautiful patterns and covers, and will probably forever be what most people think of when you say pocket knife or traditional or slip joint.

I think that the Impinda is a great working man's slip joint, with a modern set of tolerances and materials. It takes the soul of a Sebenza being that of a working no nonsense high quality, life long lasting folder that can take on most any task. The other major difference would be that unique pivot mechanism, which does make a pretty big difference in use, even if it is not that noticeable in fidgeting with. A hard use modern slip joint.

Way too expensive for what it is IMO. I own one and carry it on occasion. Pretty underwhelming in terms of quality, fit and finish, and walk and talk. Mine has gaps in between the scales and Ti and the worst action

Way too expensive for what it is IMO. I own one and carry it on occasion. Pretty underwhelming in terms of quality, fit and finish, and walk and talk. Mine has gaps in between the scales and Ti and the worst action

I respect your opinion but I disagree with it. I think you should absolutely send it in for the gaps in the titanium. Do you have pictures? I know CRK does not have perfect fit and finish, my Large Sebenza was off centered from the factory.

Also you could say pretty much all Chris Reeves are expensive for what they are, but that is what they are.

That was a very nice and balanced review. For me it is a title on th large side so I am unlikely to pick one up and displace the Mnandi in my pocket but I enjoy reading your review.

Thank you

That was a very nice and balanced review. For me it is a title on th large side so I am unlikely to pick one up and displace the Mnandi in my pocket but I enjoy reading your review.

Thank you

I still surprises me that Chris Reeve wanted to make a slip joint, and didn't just turn the mnandi into a slip joint mechanism. Seems like it would be fairly easy and a no brainer design!

Back