Impinda - strange pivot construction

Recently I broke up the Impinda. That was easy. The assembly went without problems. Interestingly, I found that you can not insert the Allen key in the screw, but use it only on the axis. This is then automatically unscrewed when you hold the screw with your finger in its lowered position in the handle. When assembling, I intuitively proceeded differently: first inserting the axle, then the blade on it and, as a sandwich, the handle on top. (Of course you have to tinker a bit with the washers and the spring and its attachment.) Finally the screw can be drawn in by turning the axle.

Strange that the screw with a groove in the handle is prevented from turning and not the axis. Strange that one has to insert the Allen key into the axle and can’t be used on the screw. The advantage of this construction does not open up for me. Does somebody has any idea?

Using the terms pin (rear, with hex hole) and screw (front, keyed, no hole) I think it’s easier to facilitate assembly back to front rather than the reverse.

Sometimes designs and assembly give way to things we might consider odd. The Mnandi clip for example is the screw, and the pin is on the front. It’s a little odd, but given how the clip attaches it makes sense.

Thank you for clarifying the terms. Assembly back to front indeed is not very difficult. Its more or less intuitive. But disassembly... What is better to take out first: pivot pin or screw? And what about the spring? From my experience the best way to disassembe an Impinda is:
1. Take out all front screws and leave all pins in.
2. Take off the front handle.
3. Loosen the spring a bit and take out the blade.
4. Remove all pins.
Assembly: 1. Start with pivot pin and blade (closed position).
2. Install rear pin and spring.
3. Install middle pin by pressing down/adjusting the spring a bit so that the holes meet.
4. Finally put the front handle on and insert all screws.
I won´t use loctite on the pivot screw, because it makes removing the flush screw more difficult while leaving the pin in.

I find it easiest to disassemble by removing the pivot pin and screw and then removing the blade. With the backspring out of tension the handles come apart quite easily.

For assembly I put the pins in, the backspring in, and the internal stop pin. Then I fit the blade in and add the other handle.

A little locktite 222 (supplied with the knife) is perfectly fine on the pivot screw. I don't find it makes removing it any more difficult since it's keyed on the screw side.

Back