1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Attention Important Announcement!!

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2014
    Important announcement!!!

I have some very important news to share. I hope everyone has had a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend. My weekend was bittersweet and want everyone to know that I have had to make some big changes.

I had to make a very difficult decision to close down my current shop. The monthly overhead just became too much of a burden. I have thought long an hard about this decision, as well as this announcement.

It has been an emotional roller coaster for me and an internal struggle. After weeks of deliberation, I seriously considered stepping away from knife making for while. I decided that I could not and would not do that. I have decided to move my shop into my current residence. I will have to down size considerably. I plan on working through this hurdle and it will force me to get back in touch with my roots in the knife making world. This is going to slow me down and hope my supporters will be patient through this transition.

I cannot convey or express my gratitude enough to each and every one of you that has supported me. I want to personally say Thank You!

I will still continue my online presence and remain on social media with updates on my progress. I will still be making sales and conducting business with my remaining inventory, so nothing will change in that aspect for now. If you are interested in continuing your support, please feel free to check out my remaining inventory listed on my website.

Thank you all for your support and I look forward to scrapping it out in the garage and getting back to my roots in this amazing trade.

Chris Linton
    Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  2. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Sorry to hear, but best of luck!

Osprey Knife & Tool and varga49 like this.
  3. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Chris, you do what you need to do. I'm glad, though, that you're going to continue making knives. You are very good at it, and I am grateful and honored to own some of your work. Good luck getting settled again and catching a rhythm with your new set up.

4. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Chris. We stand behind you brother. Please keep us posted on how things are progressing. You got this man.

mb>, Osprey Knife & Tool and RobbieB like this.
  5. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
  6. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Hey Chris,

I am sorry to hear the news that you are giving up your formal shop. You worked so hard to set it up in a 1st class way to suit your knife making process. I am sure that you will use the lessons learned to make your new home shop streamlined and efficient.

Sole proprietorship has many inherent risks as a business model. Any hiccup with your health or other normal life circumstances and suddenly no money is coming in to pay the bills. That is a problem when significant overhead is involved.

I hope you walk away from this experience with a renewed focus about what parts of this business that are most important to you. You have a lot of fans around here wishing you well through this transition.

Phil

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Choppaman, RobbieB and mb> like this.
  7. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Best of luck, it will work out in the end. Just be patient.