Important Announcement!!

Important announcement!!!

I have some very important news to share. I hope everyone has had a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend. My weekend was bittersweet and want everyone to know that I have had to make some big changes.

I had to make a very difficult decision to close down my current shop. The monthly overhead just became too much of a burden. I have thought long an hard about this decision, as well as this announcement.

It has been an emotional roller coaster for me and an internal struggle. After weeks of deliberation, I seriously considered stepping away from knife making for while. I decided that I could not and would not do that. I have decided to move my shop into my current residence. I will have to down size considerably. I plan on working through this hurdle and it will force me to get back in touch with my roots in the knife making world. This is going to slow me down and hope my supporters will be patient through this transition.

I cannot convey or express my gratitude enough to each and every one of you that has supported me. I want to personally say Thank You!

I will still continue my online presence and remain on social media with updates on my progress. I will still be making sales and conducting business with my remaining inventory, so nothing will change in that aspect for now. If you are interested in continuing your support, please feel free to check out my remaining inventory listed on my website.

Thank you all for your support and I look forward to scrapping it out in the garage and getting back to my roots in this amazing trade.

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited:
Hey Chris,

I am sorry to hear the news that you are giving up your formal shop. You worked so hard to set it up in a 1st class way to suit your knife making process. I am sure that you will use the lessons learned to make your new home shop streamlined and efficient.

Sole proprietorship has many inherent risks as a business model. Any hiccup with your health or other normal life circumstances and suddenly no money is coming in to pay the bills. That is a problem when significant overhead is involved.

I hope you walk away from this experience with a renewed focus about what parts of this business that are most important to you. You have a lot of fans around here wishing you well through this transition.

Phil

Last edited:
While you overcome some hurdles, realize it may be an opportunity in other ways. Like what you said it will allow you to get back to basics, and in the long term, make an even better product and demonstrate your craftsmanship. Wishing all the best to move forward.

Sorry to hear, but best of luck!

Chris, you do what you need to do. I'm glad, though, that you're going to continue making knives. You are very good at it, and I am grateful and honored to own some of your work. Good luck getting settled again and catching a rhythm with your new set up.

Chris. We stand behind you brother. Please keep us posted on how things are progressing. You got this man.

Hey Chris,

I am sorry to hear the news that you are giving up your formal shop. You worked so hard to set it up in a 1st class way to suit your knife making process. I am sure that you will use the lessons learned to make your new home shop streamlined and efficient.

Sole proprietorship has many inherent risks as a business model. Any hiccup with your health or other normal life circumstances and suddenly no money is coming in to pay the bills. That is a problem when significant overhead is involved.

I hope you walk away from this experience with a renewed focus about what parts of this business that are most important to you. You have a lot of fans around here wishing you well through this transition.

Phil

Best of luck, it will work out in the end. Just be patient.

Rooting for you all the way, Chris! You’re one of the very best. I certainly believe you will clear the present hurdles, even though you find it necessary to alter course. Keep grinding! :cool:

While you overcome some hurdles, realize it may be an opportunity in other ways. Like what you said it will allow you to get back to basics, and in the long term, make an even better product and demonstrate your craftsmanship. Wishing all the best to move forward.

I appreciate everyone's words of encouragement and support! I did not give myself time to feel down or sorry about myself. I got everything moved in and working in short order. I also took a few weeks of R&R to recenter myself. Now that I have been moved out of my old shop and into my house almost two months I have manage to work it out and get back into a rhythm again. I have been able to take down time for myself as well as enjoy time with my family more. I am a lot happier now and less stressed out over all. I would like to thank everyone again for you patience, encouragement and support! You will see more of me around here soon...

Back