Impressed by the HEST(updated with new pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just recieved my HEST yesterday, kinda of an early christmas gift/ had to buy something as I waited for the folding version to ship purchase. I'm glad I did, its a sweet little knife that acts bigger than it feels (if that makes any sense). The more I handle it the more the design grows on me. Anyways, here's a bit of glam shots and in hand pics, I'll be updating over the next week as I carry it at work and see how it stacks up at an urban EDC.

PC231416.jpg

PC231422.jpg

PC231426.jpg

PC231425.jpg

PC231427.jpg

PC231424.jpg

PC231420.jpg

PC231419.jpg

PC231429.jpg

PC231431.jpg

Last edited:
A few of different grips, it feels very secure and natural in a reverse grip, which is really nice, and choking up for wood work is quite comfortable as well

PC231433.jpg

PC231434.jpg

PC231437.jpg

I had kinda thought it would only be OK at wood shaving and working, kinda a last resort sort of thing, but I was wrong, works quite well, the choked up grip and feel is excellent

PC231432.jpg

PC231439.jpg

PC231438.jpg

PC231441.jpg

PC231442.jpg

PC231444.jpg

PC231445.jpg

PC231446.jpg

PC231448.jpg

Last edited:
Good shots! (Love the silhouette with the sun!!) Good 'working" shots too. Now you know why I've had on e on my side and one in a go bag for almost a year now.

Thanks guys! Mistwalker, I'm really liking the Hest so far, light and thin enough to not be obtrusive in your pocket, yet feels like it can handle anything

Santa just delivered my HEST tonight as well. For such a small knife it sure fits my gorilla hands well.

wow, wonderful pictures! I really love the HEST and think it's a perfect trail knife

Thanks guys! Mistwalker, I'm really liking the Hest so far, light and thin enough to not be obtrusive in your pocket, yet feels like it can handle anything

The HEST has handled everything I have thrown at it just fine, and I haven't always been nice to it :)

Hi all, just recieved my HEST yesterday, kinda of an early christmas gift/ had to buy something as I waited for the folding version to ship purchase. I'm glad I did, its a sweet little knife that acts bigger than it feels (if that makes any sense). The more I handle it the more the design grows on me. Anyways, here's a bit of glam shots and in hand pics, I'll be updating over the next week as I carry it at work and see how it stacks up at an urban EDC.

Santa just delivered my HEST tonight as well. For such a small knife it sure fits my gorilla hands well.

Congrats guys!!
The HEST is an AWESOME blade!!!

Its been about a month so I wanted to follow up with a few pics and my thoughts. I really like this little knife, I carry it in my pocket everyday, it actually fits so well that I don't know if I even NEED a folding version ( I do have an LE on the way, just saying, the fixed is amazing)

I haven't given it a serious sharpening yet, just touch up the edge every few days, it has taken a crazy amount of abuse

P1201465.jpg

P1201464.jpg

P1201463.jpg

P1201461.jpg

Haha, you call this concrete!
ed17d968.jpg

I did this to show a contractor the utter garbage substrate they thought we should go over

Wow, I haven't driven mine into crappy concrete....yet...but I have driven it into wood on a few occasions and done a good bit of prying with it. The HEST design will take a lot of abuse, it's an awesome little tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back