Impulse Buys?

I like to put things in my cart each time you log on it tells you if prices have changed. Sometimes prices will drop for a very short time then shoot back up.
Never actually seen a price drop unless it was a calendar that you put in the cart pre-new year and the year flipped over. They say there are strategies to getting lower prices on Amazon, but I haven't seen it. I did purchase a 2020 wall calendar this fall from Amazon. I just wanted a specific calendar and waiting to after Christmas is very unpredictable on specific items.

I do however maintain a cart periodically with small items I might buy and let the $ accumulate for free shipping.

Mainline Hot wheels.
My dad started my collection when I was a toddler and I've continued it ever since.
I've got one wall completely covered and and going to fill up another before long.

They're 96¢ to $1 and I can't pass looking for one I don't have.

Also clothing, my pants size is hard to find so I always buy when I see something I want in my size.
On top of a hard to find size it's also hard to find something with good usable pockets that's not skinny or faded or pre ripped...ect.
I just want good functional basic pants so I buy whenever I can because I never know when I'll need another pair and can't find my size.
It's an impulse because I'll go for something else and have to stop buy when I walk past the section.
Even if it means I forget something I planned to buy.

Oh and vintage / used traditional knives or tools on eBay, always looking and finding stuff I can live without.

I’m always on the lookout for tools from high quality brands like Stahlwille and Gedore.

Shirts because I can never find sizes that fit me properly. Medium tall, slim fit is like a unicorn.
Knives under $50-70 (usually Buck :thumbsup:). I have a ton of Buck knives, although I would use just about any of them so I don’t know how far into the collector category I am.
Heritage Rough Rider. I mean.. for $120 I couldn’t resist. Gotta have something extra to sling that bulk .22 ammo anyway.
Trinkets, toys, games, and anything amusing for my girls (that includes the big one :cool::D). I love seeing them happy.

I my self have a vary obsessive problem, now that buying things over the internet is easy I had to put the brakes on, ether that or mortgage my my house!!:eek:

My impulse buy was I couldn't get a new watch band for my wife's watch, so I got her a nice new watch. Nothing crazy, but a nice Citizen Eco Drive.

For myself, I have to research it to the point of being obsessive.

And let me tell you, it ain't easy being an obsessive compulsive perfectionist who is also very lazy. :D

I have to research everything as well, especially if it's over $50.

In the movie conspiracy theory, Jerry has to buy a copy of the catcher in the rye I think whenever he sees a bookstore. I have to buy a hot wheels car if I see them on the end cap at Walgreens etc. But only if they have something I like. I keep them for my 2 1/2 year old nephew Dane, who is, like me, obsessed with cars. He learned to count to ten when he was 18 months old, counting out his little cars ever since.

I used to do a lot more impulse buying, but I'm much more careful now. However, I'm having a tough time resisting buying a Dan Wesson revolver.

I had picked up some allen wrench sets, both metric and english. Basically my old ones got rusty in my tool box from lack of use and attention to maintaining them.

I seem to use the metric ones more and more. The funny thing is that I see the usefulness of having various sizes of allen type wrenches available, but the impulse buy thing comes into play when you have what works but you start looking at different designs such as the T-type and then small ones to be used with my plier based multi-tool. So, you add some more..... piled higher and deeper..... It is not like I use them everyday. But I keep a set in my truck all the time.

Back