In Development... [UPDATE: They're here!]

Of the 200x that were put up for pre-order pricing we're now already down to 120x. :)

Our YouTube reviewer is hoping to have his testing wrapped up in about two weeks.

Already put in my order for 3 of 'em. A buddy wanted a pair to see how they work with Butterfly Sword forms. I wish you success on selling the rest of 'em!

FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades
I clicked the pre-order link in post #1.
I was sent to an FDA page.
LOL--thanks for the heads-up. That was a report on the unsanitary conditions discovered at NECCO candy company I was sending to a family member and it looks like it was left on my clipboard/my control+c didn't take with the item URL. Fixed it!

Also, the current count for the pre-order is now down to 98/200. They're now 51% gone! :D

There'll be an additional 300x units coming in the full shipment, but we have to account for some possibly being "Grade B" quality due to blemishes in manufacturing or shipping, and so the final number will be put up for sale when they land and pass through inspection, at which point there will be extra discounts still available for orders of 3x or more, but the regular sales price will go to a percentage off MSRP.

You got a winner! It's comparable in price to but yet so much more innovative over anything else anybody is doing in this particular niche that folks are snapping them up- and there are some pretty decent "sword machetes" out there, Cold Steel coming to mind- but not like THIS. Yours is just..insane. It screams badass. I will be greatly surprised if one of these doesn't appear in a movie or tv show.

You got a winner! It's comparable in price to but yet so much more innovative over anything else anybody is doing in this particular niche that folks are snapping them up- and there are some pretty decent "sword machetes" out there, Cold Steel coming to mind- but not like THIS. Yours is just..insane. It screams badass. I will be greatly surprised if one of these doesn't appear in a movie or tv show.

These were sort of a response to the CS sword-machetes, which I honestly think miss the mark pretty hard. They're sharp and sword-shaped in profile, but they're way too heavy and slow to be good at being swords because they took existing sword types and tried making machete versions of them. The mode of construction dictates the form as much as function does, and swords are the shape they are because of the path they take to achieve certain functional goals. If using a different method of making a thing, you've got to change the form if you want to produce a similar effect via different manufacturing methods. :)

Tbh the two CS sword machetes I have I think are perfectly fine as swords when I compare them to me antiques.

Placed a preorder for one. Is the slashed 60+ dollar price a reflection of the price the product will cost when it's released in full?

Tbh the two CS sword machetes I have I think are perfectly fine as swords when I compare them to me antiques.

Placed a preorder for one. Is the slashed 60+ dollar price a reflection of the price the product will cost when it's released in full?

It's a reflection of the MSRP value when released, but street price will be lower than that, as it always is. I've personally found most of the CS models to be lackluster as either sword or machete, but certain ones make sense as one or the other in certain contexts. Far from optimized, though.

It's a reflection of the MSRP value when released, but street price will be lower than that, as it always is. I've personally found most of the CS models to be lackluster as either sword or machete, but certain ones make sense as one or the other in certain contexts. Far from optimized, though.
Ah okay. Was kind of worried as only a dummy spends 60 bucks on a machete lol.

I've had the barong and cutlass from CS so far, the cutlass out performs some other more established machetes I've tried out in my experience. My brother got himself the gladius and I wasn't sure how much I liked it as a machete.

The cutlass is heavy and slow and would perform poorly as an actual sword.

Also, folks spend well more than $60 on good machetes all the time. Street price on these will be about $45 after the intro pricing runs out. There's now only 29x of the original 200x made available remaining.

I'll silence myself on the cutlass matter as it isn't relevant.

Anyways, glad I got in on the preorders whole they're still around. Got the sharpening plus too.

I'll silence myself on the cutlass matter as it isn't relevant.

Anyways, glad I got in on the preorders whole they're still around. Got the sharpening plus too.

With eight pages of promotion for the item, your experiences with the CS cutlass are quite relevant Jordan and you'll be able to compare this cutout to others. Experiences and opinions vary.

I'm not sure if this thing better falls in fantasy or tactical, or fanatical, mebbe fantastical. I'll be interested to know if there is any distal at all. With the length and profile, probably not so important. Heck, my tallest sword doesn't have much distal and handles quite well. I have to give the design props and look forward to all reviews and takes. Betcha I could bend the point pretty easily but it is probably soft enough for easy repairs.

Cheers
GC

With eight pages of promotion for the item, your experiences with the CS cutlass are quite relevant Jordan and you'll be able to compare this cutout to others. Experiences and opinions vary.

I'm not sure if this thing better falls in fantasy or tactical, or fanatical, mebbe fantastical. I'll be interested to know if there is any distal at all. With the length and profile, probably not so important. Heck, my tallest sword doesn't have much distal and handles quite well. I have to give the design props and look forward to all reviews and takes. Betcha I could bend the point pretty easily but it is probably soft enough for easy repairs.

Cheers
GC

Distal taper from 3.2mm to 1.85mm. :)

As far as tip strength, It's pretty sturdy for all practical purposes. I've done repeated hard thrusts into logs (both end grain and cross grain) without any bend being introduced. One of the pre-production prototypes had the tip get bent in shipping because the folks in El Salvador didn't sufficiently package them to prevent shifting, but I was able to tap it back to straight on my anvil. It actually took more force than I expected to correct the damage, so in use I consider it extremely unlikely to take significant damage.

Cheers
GC
What I'm worried about with it is how the blade will function as a machete, because if it doesn't it's just another sharp piece of cut out steel for play. The grip gives me worry but looks cool so eh. I think the point would bend easily too, looks pokey but fragile.

Back