In Development... [UPDATE: They're here!]

The " unmonitored" email was where I received the last two replies. How would we know that's not where to send mail? We ALL know how backed up you may be, but you need to keep everyone up to speed to has paid up front. A few taps on the keyboard is seconds.

The " unmonitored" email was where I received the last two replies. How would we know that's not where to send mail? We ALL know how backed up you may be, but you need to keep everyone up to speed to has paid up front. A few taps on the keyboard is seconds.

I've been doing my absolute best to keep everyone fully appraised of where things are at. Please do understand that yours is far from the only inquiry that's been made. This time of year is quite busy even without all of this stuff going on. I've been working from the moment I get up in the morning through until about 2am at night seven days a week ever since these landed. We're grinding and shipping them with all due haste. Any faster and quality would suffer.

To clarify, the unmonitored email address is baryonyxknife@yahoo.com -- the sales@baryonyxknife.com address is the one through which all communication occurs.

No you have not been heard here. It been weeks and there was nothing poted here until suddenly questioned. Dude...just get us our stuff.

As mentioned above, I've been out straight doing nearly nothing besides getting people their stuff. I've posted updates regarding progress to our business Facebook page continuously as things have progressed, updated the item description on the website, given updates to our mailing list, and done my best to answer questions whenever asked, whether here, on other forums, or in email or phone formats. You can safely presume that unless I state otherwise we'll be continuing to work on getting them out. Once we think they're all done, I'll be posting here and via the aforementioned channels asking folks to let us know if they think we overlooked them. There's literally hundreds of them, so one needs to run a tight ship to keep things moving smoothly.

Do you guys want him answering emails 4 hours a day or grinding swords? I assure you, he's getting em' done. I got mine, people are getting theirs, you'll get yours. It's not like the man has 50 employees. When he says it takes time to get them sharp he means it. Mine will shave hair, not kidding. I know you're impatient but trust me- it's worth the wait and a heck of a value.

I think the greatest compliment that can be the greatest curse is offering your customers a general level of service that so over performs that they feel you simply must have a staff of dozens working on everything to keep up with such personal care. The problem with that is that there are ernest and honest times when the nature of being a small business means that in some capacity you ARE small and few in numbers.

I run into it with my work as well. Our customers love what we do for them, but they simply dont understand that capacity is capacity and there is nothing that can change that. They are rather shocked when they figure out that a good bulk of our work is handled by 2 guys getting marching orders from one gal in the office manning the phone. All sales, designs, permitting, logistics, and project management goes through me. All construction is done by 3 guys. It doesnt mean they still dont complain;) but they do at least get it.

Big specialty orders like this take time. Think about all the updates that were given when the design process was going on. The updates of why certain tweaks were being made. The updates of why the shipment was delayed. All very useful information FortyTwoBlades was providing when information was all he had in hand. Very respectable communion, IMHO.

Once the blades hit the docks, he seems to have gotten down to work. I dont have a dog in this fight as I haven't ordered one of these yet, but I would much rather someone bust it when the work is there and needs to be done rather than constant updates. There seems to be a lot of work that goes into these swords for a sub $100 blade. What's the old saying? You can have it good. You can have it fast. You can have it cheap. Pick Two. Looks to me like a well made blade and a ridiculously fair price.

Not as a customer but obviously an observer
I've been doing my absolute best to keep everyone fully appraised of where things are at. Please do understand that yours is far from the only inquiry that's been made. This time of year is quite busy even without all of this stuff going on. I've been working from the moment I get up in the morning through until about 2am at night seven days a week ever since these landed. We're grinding and shipping them with all due haste. Any faster and quality would suffer.

To clarify, the unmonitored email address is baryonyxknife@yahoo.com -- the sales@baryonyxknife.com address is the one through which all communication occurs.

As I have never received a confirmation email, I don't know how they read but no-reply email addresses used routinely in the business world do clearly state communication as a reply to bot/unattended emails will land on deaf ears. Maybe an additional standard blurb of no-reply should be added.

Also, not reading through the whole thread but I believe the first pages are devoid of website and or facebook links. For the amount of exposure this thread has gotten, I am a bit surprised regarding no links. If this is meant to be a manufacturer's thread for customer service, why here? I appreciate the businessman updating progress and supplying contact information for customers but we might as well pin this thread here if it is to be a customer service discussion with a different topic header. Or, I guess, patrons could take the cs discussion off the board to email, or to GBU.

The unmonitored address was formerly set up with a ping-back notification that alerted anyone writing the address, but when the email system got updated it got disabled automatically. It's since been set up again. This thread was never intended to be a customer service thread, which is why I've directed folks making such inquiries to do so via more appropriate methods. If we can't stick to the original topic (discussing the actual machete itself) then the mods will likely shut the thread, or I may do so myself.

I've directed folks making such inquiries to do so via more appropriate methods.
Which could have been addressed in mass mailings, or more direct individual communications with the patrons.

Again, I've not read the whole thread but it seems to me that updates going back to producer shipments and anticipated delivery to customers (ie customer service) have taken place in this thread. Again, I don't see regularly posted links, so I have no idea how I might be feeling, as a customer. You seem to have your act together, as far as the overall business goes but the past page or so do seem to be CS Q&A.

Again, just observing and perhaps a suggestion worth considering (the no-reply email issue)

Patiently waiting for some use pics, videos... stabbing things?

FortyTwoBlades FortyTwoBlades nicely done on these. I have no use for one but I can appreciate the value here, like many things offered on your website.

I won't have any time to take any videos or photographs myself until I get all of the outstanding orders taken care of, but perhaps one of the folks who have received theirs would be kind enough to do so for you. I did post the videos that Skallagrim made with it on YouTube. :)

I won't have any time to take any videos or photographs myself until I get all of the outstanding orders taken care of, but perhaps one of the folks who have received theirs would be kind enough to do so for you. I did post the videos that Skallagrim made with it on YouTube. :)

I've seen the skallagrim one and it was entertaining. This is a task that should easily be delegated to the recipients of the blades, past and future.

I expect to see much sliced fruit and I really want to see if someone pulls this out for family reunion, or the like, to serve the watermelon. Seems like it should be a fine slicer.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates. I was probably on the tail end of pre-orders. I like what I see, so I'm ok with waiting, rather have it done right with care then fast. The custom, semi-custom knife world is a strange world. Some craftsman have 5 year backlogs, some just stop taking orders. Unfortunately specialized works takes time. I can't even imagine what it would take to turn out this many custom modified blades. Hope others recognize this, I do. In the meantime I'll have a bourbon and wait it out.

Ok, I guess the feedback section isn't working for me, but I received mine this morning. The box busted in transit, but everything was well packed and remained in tact. They shipped right after the blades were finished. The courtesy is much appreciated. I will do some more edge finishing when I get the chance. Blades look great. Will look forward to handling them.

Been eyeing the stones on the site and will prob be picking some up soon to compare to my water stones. Thanks

Just ground another case of 25x today. Phew! Funny enough, despite nesting together as nicely as they do, it was totally coincidental rather than by design. The tip of one goes perfectly on the bottom point of the knuckle bow of the one beneath it. :p

48234100_10217386768849625_6522724234949558272_n.jpg

42, is pretty much everyone ordering the special sharpening service? Or are there a lot of people who are doing that themselves?

42, is pretty much everyone ordering the special sharpening service? Or are there a lot of people who are doing that themselves?

I'd say about 80% of orders have requested the edge work. :)

Okay! I got mine, huge thanks to 42 Blades for that, actually didn't even know what the package was until my brother opened it days after I received it, And was super shocked and surprised. Service gets an A+ rating from me. Good packaging and bumped me up, really for no good reason lol.

Back