In honor of Stropman (Robert)

It came to my attention that a beloved member of the community has passed away recently. I would like to have a post commemorating his life, his works, and his contribution to the world, but unfortunately, I have had only a short talk with his loving and caring wife when he was in the hospital earlier this year. It would be greatly appreciated if people can contribute and honor the man who has worked so hard for us.

I have one of his strops and talked with his pleasant wife about two yrs ago. Sorry to hear about him.

Don't know of him, but he sounds like a great guy who will be missed by many in the community.

Condolences go out to anyone who knew him.

Have one of his 'Billy's' hangin next to my fav chair. RIP. Hell, some smoke too for those who know.

His cs was top-notch. Dave or Whitty level.

This is a real tragedy for our community. I engaged with him a couple of times through email or some sort of messaging and he was a joy to deal with. His products were equally top notch. I have a couple of his strops hanging around at all times.

Rest in peace Robert.
An honor to own one of his strops!

DSCN3033_zpsbusujdy7.jpg

DSCN3032_zpsv8bstlic.jpg

I too have one of Robert's "Jumbo Leather Strop's" I bought a few years ago, and it was clear that he enjoyed engaging with his customers and creating quality strops for those of us who enjoy this hobby. God bless his family and friends in this time of grief.

I have only just become aware of Stropmans sad passing. Some time back when i was ordering a Paddle Strop i mentioned that i was tickled pink to be getting something from Texas. He texted back that he was in the middle of moving to another state and my strop was likely the last one from Texas, when it arrived he had burned the name Texas on the base of the strop making it unique, needless to say i will never part with it and i think of a real gentleman every time i use it.
My condolences to his family.
Robert Biggs.

I got one of his strops in 2011. Still going strong.

Class act, always heard positive things about him. Saddened by the news.

In the “small world” category, I just got a text from my father with a picture of a 4-sided he picked up for me at a family reunion.

Turns out one of my uncles was a friend of Robert’s, and he—in conjunction with his brother—purchased the business.

This isn’t a plug, as I haven’t taken possession of the strop, much less tried it out. Nevertheless, I do know my uncle is a skilled and meticulous craftsman, so I hope the new products compare favorably to the originals.

Back