In need of great kitchen shears.

I'm thinking about picking up a set of Ernest Wright - Turton Kitchen Shears out of Sheffield, but I was hoping someone here would have a little feedback about them.

I also had my eye on a set of Tojiro Separable Kitchen Shears too.
Thanks!

I just ordered these exact Tojiros a couple of days ago. I assume they will be awesome, because the red-handled Tojiro knife I got my wife to replace her hideous favorite knife is awesome, but we'll see. They'll be here Friday. I'll have to see if I can use them for that trick of boning a chicken without breaking the skin that my friend taught me. If they pass that test, they will get a strong recommendation.

Also, the fact that they can be used as a bottle opener is seriously wonderful, and suggests that they have some understanding of Americans.

I just ordered these exact Tojiros a couple of days ago. I assume they will be awesome, because the red-handled Tojiro knife I got my wife to replace her hideous favorite knife is awesome, but we'll see. They'll be here Friday. I'll have to see if I can use them for that trick of boning a chicken without breaking the skin that my friend taught me. If they pass that test, they will get a strong recommendation.

Also, the fact that they can be used as a bottle opener is seriously wonderful, and suggests that they have some understanding of Americans.

I ended up giving the Tojiros a try (actually they were the F. Dick 8" forged shears, which are more or less the same) and I just didn't like the handles. I decided to grab a set of the Mac Tool 8.5" Kitchen Shears.

I ended up giving the Tojiros a try (actually they were the F. Dick 8" forged shears, which are more or less the same) and I just didn't like the handles. I decided to grab a set of the Mac Tool 8.5" Kitchen Shears.

And here I am not having used the Tojiros, so I can't defend them. Can't go wrong with Mac, though.

Realize its an old thread but i recently brought the mac shears (KS85) after some research and they are good. They seem to be rebranded like many other shears so I'm not sure who is the exact maker but I suspect it might be lamson. Made in USA from German steel according to Mac. It was between them and the cutco but these were 1/2 the price.

Back