In Progress!

Thanks Rolf!

Here's a new Blurple Backpacker! The swedge is not sharp, chisel grind with gold carbide on reverse. $120 shipped with Kydex

5cbecd297ec88cb7088be4efff9e9b99.jpg

Ultralight Backpacker Kwaiken! These weigh about 15 grams which is roughly the weight of an empty soda can!

b72cfaac0e9092996f4db5de075c4f3d.jpg

233055ee95bfa2db67b6c4085a68d2dd.jpg

Last edited:
Friction folder started up in CPM-154, a massive .315" thick S7 steel chopper and a Pikal Backpacker!

59ff52e9948d9f4f12873cb0885b2532.jpg

42edeb56a723b5bec3b64cc324a62bf7.jpg

ff48b5b72ab058712cc00091a50d764a.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about the massive pics!

Most of these are available and I'm hoping to finish up the ones in progress by the end of the week.

Can't wait!
Do you have an PH style yoroi toshi on your radar, Daniel? You would make one badazz version.

D,
Isn't "Pikal" loosely translated "ground upside-down" 😉

More pictures of the CF handle Backpackers, please!!

Can't wait!
Do you have an PH style yoroi toshi on your radar, Daniel? You would make one badazz version.

I read a really ancient thread last night about Phill's knives, very interesting to say the least! Yes I should make one! I think that swedge makes it...

D,
Isn't "Pikal" loosely translated "ground upside-down" 😉

More pictures of the CF handle Backpackers, please!!

I was using my cordless drill yesterday with pikal grip, it was hella tactical!

Seriously the Pikals are all about dealing with a high stress situation when it all falls back to basic muscle memory... I think I'm going to make some more.

More pics of the twill and CF! I hope to complete them today... those have no finish but were sand blasted for glue up. The CF scales are shaped in a really cool way that the pic does not show...

I love that Pikal, seriously! Great job, D

Much appreciated!

The Pikal was made for a law enforcement officer who needed a good backup knife for self defense and the occasional edc use.

Great, Daniel! You are in the Hartsfield groove! Will you try his sheath style?

Great, Daniel! You are in the Hartsfield groove! Will you try his sheath style?

I made one a ways back and will eventually make more.

I want to make a wooden saya with the iron filings/lacquer for a fully traditional tanto I forged... and also one with a CF sleeve because that's cool too. I ordered silk cord from Japan for the traditional one.

The Hartsfield style sheaths are really nice with the top "iron piercing" swedge too...

Aerospace Grade

No voids in the scales, just my camera having a hard time with the reflection.

d0b0bce0503d0bc8f61ca613331578ca.jpg

Last edited:
Back