In support of the Hasiya

These threads are embarrassing, happen a little too often around here, and always turn me off from this sub forum for a while.

These threads are embarrassing, happen a little too often around here, and always turn me off from this sub forum for a while.

I'm sorry you feel that way , Dan.
Unfortunately we cant control the behaviors of others, no matter how bad they may be. We can't only mitigate the problems they cause.
I'd much prefer to have to endure things like this once in awhile rather than have it hurt Auntie or cause her to get fed up and throw in the towel.

Gentlemen, it's over. Let's move on and end the arguments.
I don't like all this attention. It's not all about me ;).
Life is waiting for us.

Stop-the-madness.jpg
End the hate speech so we can enjoy HI Forum please :thumbup:.

I second the move on suggestion myself. We gain nothing by lingering here and poking the participants with a pointy stick to keep them agitated.

No, it isn't "all about sweetcostarica" ......it's about proper manners, proper etiquette and proper thinking.
If one comes into this forum to do anything other than be friendly, partake in all that this forum offers and purchase what Auntie sells, then they don't belong here and should move on. Preferably before staff has to make an issue of it or make them walk the plank.

If one comes into this forum to do anything other than be friendly, partake in all that this forum offers and purchase what Auntie sells, then they don't belong here and should move on. Preferably before staff has to make an issue of it or make them walk the plank.

Starting to think its time Captain!!

Starting to think its time Captain!!

Sadly, I think you may be right, Pugs.

You are not the only person who has expressed this view.
I've tried everything else to no avail.
This person is a toxin to our community and is only here to stir up trouble or use our friendly little forum to further his own agenda and goals.

To Karda and sidekick Gehazi, it is time to get over your fascination with me and my videos. You fellows are the ones causing hard feelings on the thread and forum. I have said "I will voice my views, ideas, and opinions reached from research elsewhere" but you continue to prop me and my views up. My YouTube Channel and PM's are going up and up through this attention. It's embarrassing.

OK, I am flattered by your interest but people are coming here to read and learn about Himalayan Imports (HI) products. If you keep the focus on me, I'll have to keep responding and you will keep responding back. At page 58 the thread end with the same result as this one.

chase-their-tails.jpeg
So what do you say? Shall we move on with life or continue talking in circles thereby bringing HI members down.

This is one of the suttle hints I get on a forum I help mod. Purely for entertainment purposes here with no innuendo's or suggestions implied. Big words for a displaced Missouri farm boy. Maybe I should of been a lawyer.

Persecution.jpg
It would be a honor be banned for what I believe in.
I tried to end the madness but it continues. A shame.

Consider your badge of honor well earned then. Enough.
Thoughtfully considered.... you are no longer welcome.

It is rare, in this forum, that a member pushes me so far as to push the ban button on them.
In the end, all things considered, I felt the best course of action for our community here, is that his membership be terminated.
I wish to thank all whom were concerned enough to voice their opinion both publically and privately. You did help to make a tough decision a bit easier.

Last edited:
I tend to let these things just sort of play out. SC constantly walked that fine line. Between his "reliable sources" (a well known pompous jerk who would will still sling mud at Bill years after his passing) and his biased "research" videos, I was pretty much done listening to him.

He wanted to be a martyr...well, there ya go. I figured he'd put that toe over the line sooner or later. Now he can have all the "real and authentic" khuks he wants:rolleyes: Opinions are fine, but he stomped his muddy boots around this showroom enough. It's a shame when it comes to this, but at the end of the day this is Yangdu's house.

OK back to page two! Hats off to Karda for his patience and determination to let this play out to the end in hope of a positive outcome. I thought I had a lot of patience? Sorry it had to happen but it did have to happen.
Back to Hasiya.
I have wondered how hard it must be to forge this tool. I tend to think (Play-Dough experience) if you pound one side of a stip of steel repeatedly to form an edge eventually you end up with an edge on the outside of the curvature of the bend much like a Katana (disreguarding quenching). In this case these tools are formed counter to what the steel wants to do naturally. You would get compression and thickening on inside (edge), extension and thinning on the outside (spine). I would love to see how the Kamis forge this piece because it is exactly opposite of what the material wants to do. Do they start out with a super thick spine because it would be constantly thinning as you try to bend the steel around the edge. Does anyone follow what i'm saying?

I am a total novice but Ithink they are much less beefy than HI khukuri, but , the HI hasiya is probably much thicker in the spine than a normal one? there are some pictures actually referenced in the thread about the many hasiya here that have been put to long work and most with the magic stone mirror (surprisingly intact on some !)
You probably know loads more about this end just from your post? have you actually made a knife of your own ndog? i mean do you have the forge and everything? I wanted to buy an anvil but i cant find a good old one any tips?(to anyone, this would be for knife repair, my first suripati was used unjustly to split a old cow skull , it actually cut the bone in a mirror finish that still shines !( it did chip but maintained use for all these years)

Back to Hasiya.
I have wondered how hard it must be to forge this tool. I tend to think (Play-Dough experience) if you pound one side of a stip of steel repeatedly to form an edge eventually you end up with an edge on the outside of the curvature of the bend much like a Katana (disreguarding quenching). In this case these tools are formed counter to what the steel wants to do naturally. You would get compression and thickening on inside (edge), extension and thinning on the outside (spine). I would love to see how the Kamis forge this piece because it is exactly opposite of what the material wants to do. Do they start out with a super thick spine because it would be constantly thinning as you try to bend the steel around the edge. Does anyone follow what i'm saying?

You might have to go through a twenty-year apprenticeship in Nepal to get the real answer to your question. :)

One possibility is that they start with a steel bar, get it red-hot and bend it into a complete circle. Cut some notches around the inside of the circle, then pound out an edge all around the inside. Finally, cut the circular piece into two or three sections to make two or three Hasiya blades.

Of course a lot of fine-tuning would be needed, but this might solve the problem that you describe.

-- Dave

Back