In your opinion, what is the best general-use production folder made in the past 10 years?

I love this kind of thread.

For me, Spyderco Pacific Salt SE (blacked-out variant). I’ve got maybe 9 or 10 knives to choose from, but when I want to grab something I know won’t let me down but I don’t really want to think about it too much, that’s what I go with. Extremely lightweight. Extremely capable. I really feel everyone should own one.

After thinking about it a bit more: the best knife may just be the one that you have with you right now...

I'm going to show my ignorance here. I see CRK mentioned a lot in this thread, but when I think production knife a $500+ knife with 18 month lead time isn't what pops into my head. They are certainly great knives, but when I think production knife I think something that I can buy today. Is my thinking flawed?

I'm going to show my ignorance here. I see CRK mentioned a lot in this thread, but when I think production knife a $500+ knife with 18 month lead time isn't what pops into my head. They are certainly great knives, but when I think production knife I think something that I can buy today. Is my thinking flawed?

They are available currently and more get listed daily with their dealers. Not every model of course but when I decided to buy a large PJ Sebenza it only took a few days to find one like I wanted.

They are available currently and more get listed daily with their dealers. Not every model of course but when I decided to buy a large PJ Sebenza it only took a few days to find one like I wanted.
I thinking about ordering direct from CRK.
With the wait time figured in: I'll have my Mnandi, and will be ready for my Small "31"...
(Polished Box Elder Burl)

Last edited:
Hard question, and it comes down to personal preference and how we use our knives. Gonna cheat and throw a few out there.

1. If I had to choose one, Sebenza 21 with micarta inlays. So nice I bought it twice.
yxbqtaa.jpg

2. If forced to choose something first produced in the last decade, I think my nod goes to the Inkosi
wSb7qjL.jpg

3. Honorable mentions go to the Delica and Native
FAu88j2.jpg

Large Inkosi or Hogue Ritter. Gayle Bradley gets honorable mention but it is neither stainless or coated.

Hard question, and it comes down to personal preference and how we use our knives. Gonna cheat and throw a few out there.

1. If I had to choose one, Sebenza 21 with micarta inlays. So nice I bought it twice.
yxbqtaa.jpg

2. If forced to choose something first produced in the last decade, I think my nod goes to the Inkosi
wSb7qjL.jpg

That's Nice X 2!

Your secret is safe with me...
I'm in the same boat: 2 CRK knives on order...
Bog Oak Mnandi
Box Alder Small "31"

Last edited:
I don’t think their is only one option
I think all of the following can qualify:
Spyderco PM2 and Yojimbo 2
Emerson CQC-7B and Tiger
Hinderer XM-18 3.5”
CRK large Sebenza 21
CRK small and large Inkosi
Koenig Mini Goblin and Arius

I agree. I opened it and it is pretty hideous...

But, already went down the rabbit hole of collecting the DLT zome ones so...just gotta wait for a sexy Endura and Police in 20CV....mmmm

yxbqtaa.jpg

wSb7qjL.jpg

FAu88j2.jpg

Nice. What deep carry clips are those? I'd like to get one for my Endela. Ty.

Back