In your opinion, what's the biggest money rip-off in terms of knife ?

I have to say the Sebenza is overrated and overpriced. I have one and believe it looks/feels like a knife costing 1/2 the price.

M390 20cv and 204p that performs lower than s30v. That's a rip off. Selling a knife for more due to a brand name of steel, instead of performance.

Last edited:
I'm with most of you about my small Sabenza. My Macassar Mnandi cost me a little bit more, but it's so beautiful that I'm afraid to even touch it. Call me superficial, but I like those looks so much that I have zero regrets about owning it. My small Sabenza I do have regrets :rolleyes:

I have to say the Sebenza is overrated and overpriced. I have one and believe it looks/feels like a knife costing 1/2 the price.
I have alot of knives. All different prices. Flippers, manuals, etc. Users and fancy stuff.

The sebenza is top 5 for a user knife. I used to knockem before I got one. They are worth it. I don't share the same opinion. Though I have a large 21 and a large inkosi .not sure which model u have.

Last edited:
Shirogorov,medford,the higher end Reates and We,which have terrible resale value,theres lots of others,too cant think of them all,just browse on Blade HQ or Knifecenter, plenty come up ! not that theyre bad just way overpriced, and the benchmade and other balisongs in general.; cant understand why they are 300+ last is that 750.00 CRKT I don't care who makes it and how limited that's a rip off big time....

Shirogorov,medford,the higher end Reates and We,which have terrible resale value,theres lots of others,too cant think of them all,just browse on Blade HQ or Knifecenter, plenty come up ! not that theyre bad just way overpriced, and the benchmade and other balisongs in general.; cant understand why they are 300+ last is that 750.00 CRKT I don't care who makes it and how limited that's a rip off big time....
Dunno how you have these options. Is it just out of your price range and you don't like quality high end knives? Your good with just a chunk of rusty metal that's sharp? Like you don't have to get one but they offer high quality stuff for people who want quality knives. In materials that are more expensive.

just think they are overpriced.Look at the CRK haters that posted on here.They feel this way too...

+1 on Medford and Benchmade and at least half the blades with any sort of spring mechanism, auto or assisted. Kershaw and ZT's stuff is nice though.

I wouldn't really say Benchmade is a rip-off I just really really don't like them.

I think $400 for a microtech stitch is a rip off.. 275 for a ultratech, wow.. I paid 225 for mine in 2011.. not much has changed to warrant the $50 price hike

M390 20cv and 204p that performs lower than s30v. That's a rip off. Selling a knife for more due to a brand name of steel, instead of performance.

Are you just making this up or are there actually such brands/knives? If the latter, please do give the name(s). You can PM me if you do not wish to reveal the name(s) publicly.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is generally the correct one. :D:eek::rolleyes:

Btw, there needs to be an emoji that's has a poop on its head, effectively a ****head. I think that applies to many people and posts. (including especially me)
Or a beef torpedo emoji.

:poop:
:eek:

:D

On topic, can't say I've felt ripped off by an knives. Some however where a little underwhelming.

people who don't have enough knife money, such as me, would think every single knife above $50 is a ripoff.
But I am still thinking to get a custom.
:cool:

Back