Indispensable...

EDC is my go everywhere and do everything knife. About once a month, though, I will change scales or switch between the EDC2 and EDC3.

ZKKyrd5.jpg

xWGJjui.jpg

ddnJKXC.jpg

TH6wxv6.jpg

There's DEK1's for sale here on the forum probably every week. You can also ask if anyone has one that they would part with on CPK - Buy, Sell, or trade thread. It's the top sticky thread.
Thank you !
I actually hope there's a DEK3 with this blade shape and maybe a hollow grind... that would suit my every day tasks perfectly!!!!

View attachment 1650473

This one. It has the most personal value. It is an FK2 with 90 degree spine. I acid washed and added orange G10 liners. The scales are from one of my old USMC uniforms that I turned into “micarta” that Nathan machined for me. But what good is a knife without an excellent sheath.

Thank you again, Nathan, Jo and Bill. This is my “one knife”.

87B6640A-8EBA-47E7-B081-CB5FC4EAC19E.jpeg

Well, now that my (current) set of five knives is at hand...the one thing I can say is that the HDFK and the DEK1 are the best balanced of the five...to the point where they feel almost weightless. (The five being EDC2, DEK1, FK2, Kephart, HDFK.)

This is especially eye opening in the case of the HDFK, which at 12 plus ounces is no shrinking violet, yet still feels as good, if not better than the DEK1 to me. (Mileage will vary greatly here...especially dependent on use. The DEK1 is certainly lighter and more nimble.)

Plus, the HDFK has hands down the best edge of any of the five...slicing phone book paper the cleanest of them all in both directions.

It's making a strong statement as contender for king of the hill. Not sentimental favorite, perhaps, but the one I would probably be most reluctant to be without.

HDFK Carothers Ironwood.jpg

Of course, I can well imagine that any one might be considered indispensable for one reason or another...but which is the one truly indispensable CPK in your collection...whether for its broad utility or simply because it resonates so strongly with you?

As a relative newcomer to the faithful, I'm curious what the old hands have to say in this regard. (Besides, I'll enjoy seeing your picks.)

One knife. No cheating.

Nobody said it would be easy.
Well, now that my (current) set of five knives is at hand...the one thing I can say is that the HDFK and the DEK1 are the best balanced of the five...to the point where they feel almost weightless. (The five being EDC2, DEK1, FK2, Kephart, HDFK.)

This is especially eye opening in the case of the HDFK, which at 12 plus ounces is no shrinking violet, yet still feels as good, if not better than the DEK1 to me. (Mileage will vary greatly here...especially dependent on use. The DEK1 is certainly lighter and more nimble.)

Plus, the HDFK has hands down the best edge of any of the five...slicing phone book paper the cleanest of them all in both directions.

It's making a strong statement as contender for king of the hill. Not sentimental favorite, perhaps, but the one I would probably be most reluctant to be without.

View attachment 1651259

One knife. No cheating.

OP is gonna get mad!

😂

Hope ya know i was just funnin'.

Your original goal, while noble and laudable, was utterly impossible for the CPKphiles here.
Of course. Believe me, I enjoy laughing at myself as much as everyone else does.

(Yeah, if I've learned anything from moderating on these forums since the late 90's, it's that it's more difficult than herding cats. 🤣 )

Back