Question Individual Selling But I Have A Site

Wanted to double check this...

I signed up for a gold membership as I wanted to post a few products for sale being birch bark for handles and Birch tar. But I got to reading a bit and don't want any mistakes.

I have setup a website for myself so I can easily sell Birch tar mainly but it is such a rare and unknown thing I sell very little, it is not a business by any means. I started doing this as I cut birch for firewood every year and always thought it was a waste to just to run all that bark through the wood stove. Better make something useful from it.

So knowing this would you guys consider me a vendor or an individual?

Site is at https://otzispouch.ca

Tough call. A dealer membership would definitely be rather expensive if you arent actually selling that much. But the rules say No Exceptions, so im curious as to what the ruling will be.

You might just have to avoid actually advertising your site.

Tough call. A dealer membership would definitely be rather expensive if you arent actually selling that much. But the rules say No Exceptions, so im curious as to what the ruling will be.

You might just have to avoid actually advertising your site.

I would have no problem at all with that.

Last edited:
Would any of your products be used in typical knife making?

Not that I am aware of. Birch tar oil is what I sell and the only makers that I know of that use it sometimes are traditional Pukkoo makers. It is a mostly unknown product it seems to knife makers which I would love to try and change.

You’re sort of in between memberships then. Why don’t you put a sales thread up in the gadgets and gear section.

Back