1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Indo Persian Khard

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by scottishsmith24, Aug 8, 2019.

1. scottishsmith24

scottishsmith24

Sep 4, 2012
    I thought I might share a recent collaboration I did with Matthew Berry. If you are unfamiliar with his work he makes absolutely wonderful European swords and other historical blades. Matt and I wanted to do something that was totally outside of either of our wheel houses and I think it came together beautifully.

I was responsible for the blade with a tight Turkish twist damascus, Matt did the the all of the bronze work and gem setting, and I did the final shaping and finishing on the fossil ivory handle.

What do you think?

-Robert

[​IMG]

2. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    nice!

3. seanj

seanj

Mar 1, 2010
    Gorgeous work!

4. herdbull

herdbull Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Gorgeous!!!

5. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    That looks like a museum piece. That is phenomenal.

Mongo likes this.
  6. ziemo

ziemo

Dec 9, 2011
    Masterpiece !

7. Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 6, 2014
    Stunning knife! That ivory is gorgeous.

8. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    Really impressive work.

n2s

9. R APPLEBY

R APPLEBY KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 11, 2003
    Excellent work all around

10. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    All the components are fabulous! The bronze work, the ivory, the damascus! Well done!

11. Mongo

Mongo

Nov 5, 2001
    What do I think? The above post pretty much sums it all! Incredible!

12. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Matt was a super person to be introduced to, and as soon as he drew this out of the case I was taken aback.

It was much more prominent than I'd expected from a 'local' maker. SO COOL!

You did good. That steel needs a REALLY close up shot to show how magnificent and fine the layers are. It's real.

[​IMG]

Thanks Robert!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  13. john april

john april KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 27, 2006
    lots of details there ! :)

14. scottishsmith24

scottishsmith24

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you everyone for your kind responses and thanks Jim for posting that close up it really helps show the pattern. I wanted the knife to almost present like wootz from a distance but that can make it harder to read the details of the pattern too, so your close up helps a lot.

15. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Fantastic... :)

16. Dago Red

Dago Red Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Any chance of seeing it in hand? It’s beautiful and looks like blade angle in hand would be very comfortable

Red

17. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Very special piece!

18. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Wow next level stuff!!

19. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Piece of Art....Beautiful !!!

20. Murray White

Murray White Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 1999
    Absolutely gorgeous piece. Every component is stunning. Fits my idea of a great piece to add to any collection.