Indo Persian Khard

I thought I might share a recent collaboration I did with Matthew Berry. If you are unfamiliar with his work he makes absolutely wonderful European swords and other historical blades. Matt and I wanted to do something that was totally outside of either of our wheel houses and I think it came together beautifully.

I was responsible for the blade with a tight Turkish twist damascus, Matt did the the all of the bronze work and gem setting, and I did the final shaping and finishing on the fossil ivory handle.

What do you think?

-Robert

67935894_10218787923225509_1024742084013195264_n.jpg

Stunning knife! That ivory is gorgeous.

All the components are fabulous! The bronze work, the ivory, the damascus! Well done!

Matt was a super person to be introduced to, and as soon as he drew this out of the case I was taken aback.

It was much more prominent than I'd expected from a 'local' maker. SO COOL!

You did good. That steel needs a REALLY close up shot to show how magnificent and fine the layers are. It's real.

orig.jpg

Thanks Robert!

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your kind responses and thanks Jim for posting that close up it really helps show the pattern. I wanted the knife to almost present like wootz from a distance but that can make it harder to read the details of the pattern too, so your close up helps a lot.

Any chance of seeing it in hand? It’s beautiful and looks like blade angle in hand would be very comfortable

Red

Absolutely gorgeous piece. Every component is stunning. Fits my idea of a great piece to add to any collection.

Back