Industrial Mower Blades

Was just given a couple industrial mower blades. Totally forgot to take pictures before I left this morning. The are from what i was told a heavy duty state road mower. They are about 4 inches wide that taper on one end, 10 inches long, and an inch and a half thick. They weigh about 12 pounds a piece. I found a parent pending number but no other markings to determine if they may be good hardenanable steel or no . Haven't spark tested yet. Anyone else have any experience with this type of steel or any ideas as to what steel is generally used for this application?

Was just given a couple industrial mower blades. Totally forgot to take pictures before I left this morning. The are from what i was told a heavy duty state road mower. They are about 4 inches wide that taper on one end, 10 inches long, and an inch and a half thick. They weigh about 12 pounds a piece. I found a parent pending number but no other markings to determine if they may be good hardenanable steel or no . Haven't spark tested yet. Anyone else have any experience with this type of steel or any ideas as to what steel is generally used for this application?
Mower blades would be good to practice with, but I don’t recommend investing the time and effort to attempt making a good blade.

Back