INFI corrosion protection?

What do you guys use? I know it has stainless steel properties, but I have gotten a little lite oxidation on a couple. I use flitz rifle, gun and knife wax but I'm not really sure how well it works.

I actually buy this food grade grease. just in case I cut food with it, it isn't toxic

9bAH9v1.jpg

Huh... I’ll have to look that Cabelas grease up. Not that corrosion or staining has been a problem yet, even on stripped SR-101. Then again, I’ve yet to do multiple days in the field with either.

Huh... I’ll have to look that Cabelas grease up. Not that corrosion or staining has been a problem yet, even on stripped SR-101. Then again, I’ve yet to do multiple days in the field with either.

It stays on for a while and like I said above, you need not worry about using the knife for food prep since it is meant for that, where most other oils and greases are not. To me that is an important factor.

It stays on for a while and like I said above, you need not worry about using the knife for food prep since it is meant for that, where most other oils and greases are not. To me that is an important factor.
Agreed. Am going to check Cabelas site about it.

I'm not worried about food grade, just how long it lasts. I got hit in the head pretty good and have damage to my right temporal lobe and I have a lot of problems with memory. I have tr-flow at my house; if I can use that I wouldn't need to purchase anything, though I don't mind purchasing something else if it will last longer.

Rig gun grease, works well
DanR217 DanR217 , I agree about Rig gun grease - it's good for relatively long-term storage (I am assuming the formulation has not changed since Birchwood Casey bought Rig). It is also called Rig Universal Gun Grease (it has been around for decades).

mineral oil can be used as an oral laxative...

blade protected,check!... helps keep that ham sammich that you just sliced with your B8 movin on down the line, check!

that's what I call a WIN/WIN :thumbsup:/:thumbsup: :p

but seriously, I don't coat any of my Busse, Yard, or Swamp models with lube...I just baton the surface rust off or hit it with a scotch brite <on users>...I've never had a satin INFI safe queen develop surface rust...double cut bb yes, satin or comp. without decarb no, no rust EVAAAH!!! :D:D:D

I've noticed some oxidation on a couple of the more recent releases in competition finish. Never had a problem with it before and all my knives are stored together so the climate conditions are the same. I was wondering if the INFI formula had changed.

Back