INFI Ratmandu With Full-Height Flat Grind! . . .Wed. 8-7-19 at 9:00pm Eastern!!!. . (Cool Pics)

94C7ADD0-1750-49D5-8C41-44B49BE87932.jpeg https://imgur.com/a/NRbWIph
https://imgur.com/a/psmMGyl
The FHG Infimandu is much lighter in hand, had smaller hardware but that may be due to the much thicker scales. It feels very different in hand than my big finish Rat

Did anyone else get an advertisement for an Assault Shaker with their bacon?
I think I am going to call in the morning to order an assault shaker

Last edited:
View attachment 1219410 https://imgur.com/a/NRbWIph
https://imgur.com/a/psmMGyl
The FHG Infimandu is much lighter in hand, had smaller hardware but that may be due to the much thicker scales. It feels very different in hand than my big finish Rat

Did anyone else get an advertisement for an Assault Shaker with their bacon?
I think I am going to call in the morning to order an assault shaker
I got the same flyer and tried to order one too, haha

Arrived today and what a wonderful knife. Love the BIG finish.

fJVRzvB.jpg

gdvLiEB.jpg

I was able to catch the UPS driver... but I didn't open the box. I was heading outside to clean up around a tree I'm disassembling, and the distraction would have been the end of my productivity. I'll probably do it tomorrow before bed...but it might still be Monday, since I'd already accepted that I didn't have them until then.

I was able to catch the UPS driver... but I didn't open the box. I was heading outside to clean up around a tree I'm disassembling, and the distraction would have been the end of my productivity. I'll probably do it tomorrow before bed...but it might still be Monday, since I'd already accepted that I didn't have them until then.

But you could’ve used it to help disassemble the tree.

But you could’ve used it to help disassemble the tree.
That would have been an inefficient approach... and a waste of energy I didn't have, lol. I'm sure that, before I'm done, the BG BB13 will be involved... not much use for an RMD on this project.

Mine is here! It's nice, wish they would have released a FFG INFI RMD a long time ago! :cool:

IMG_4631.jpg

I'm happy to see that this rope cut on the scales wasn't machined the same way as some of the more recent offerings, where the grooves have micro-grooves in them. This looks much better IMO. A nice little extra touch that I wasn't expecting, the flared tubes are jeweled. Also, anyone else notice the different size and font on this logo?

Defintiely a keeper! :thumbsup: The maroon micarta almost looks like linen micarta instead of canvas. Much finer weave than most canvas micarta.

What’s everyone doing for sheaths? I’m a week out from delivery and am needing to order a sheath. I’ve tried a few sheath makers before and have been nothing but stoked but for this one I am heavily considering one of the cool zombie skin variants from David (bro, nice to meet you at blade show but I couldn’t for the life of me find your table...).

I’m struggling with mounting options. With a blade this size would you guys recco a direct belt attachment or something like a drop loop or dangler?

What’s everyone doing for sheaths? I’m a week out from delivery and am needing to order a sheath. I’ve tried a few sheath makers before and have been nothing but stoked but for this one I am heavily considering one of the cool zombie skin variants from David (bro, nice to meet you at blade show but I couldn’t for the life of me find your table...).

I’m struggling with mounting options. With a blade this size would you guys recco a direct belt attachment or something like a drop loop or dangler?

I'm going with a stock size JRE sheath, the same one that LT Wrights come in.

If your looking for something like Zombie skin David's your guy, talk to him about different mounting options I'm sure he can advise you on what he can do .

If your looking for something like Zombie skin David's your guy, talk to him about different mounting options I'm sure he can advise you on what he can do .

already messaged him. Just wanted to hear from you dudes also hehe.

I just went with the leather that Busse offered. Beyond that, I have Azwelke kydex for other Ratmandus that I'm hoping will fit. If not, the leather will be it.

I've got kydex sheaths from a few makers. They aren't a good fit for the FHFG, IMO. In most cases, the retention was off (more difficult to insert/release); but I experienced that with a wet formed leather sheath, as well, as noted above.
I did have one kydex that was a decent fit; but I'll likely give that back to the knife that's usually in it, and just get a new sheath for the FHFG.

Anybody have pics comparing green & tan canvas with satin blade? Or BIG DC, trying to decide on mine... leaning towards green canvas, it seems to be much lighter color than the tan to my eyes. I have never seen it in person though, so may be totally off base.

Back