INFI Ratweiler Death Chat!!!

snwbrdr202

Gold Member
Seeing that the forum is getting smaller and smaller, I thought we'd try to breathe some life into the Swamp and start a death chat! We've talked about an INFI Ratweiler for years now. What do you guys think?! The infi Ratmandu was a huge success. Can't imagine a better INFI Rat than the Ratweiler...

I suppose space could be found for INFI versions...

What good is a thread with no pics? ;)

INFI ratweiler would be awesome !!!!!

Those big brothers mentioned above sound good too !!!

How about an INFI HRLM ? BIG or Comp finish with full flat grind

I think INFI Ratweiler is a great idea.
Would I buy one? Hmm, depends on the price. I paid $219 for my latest model. What would an INFI model cost? If it was $50-$100 more, sure. If it was double? Not sure.

I mean, I don't know if I would buy one personally because (1) I already have two Ratweilers in SR-101 and I think SR-101 is awesome as it is; and (2) for me, INFI is overpriced seeing as the only substantial benefit is better rust resistance. But I still think it would be a great idea as there is a group of INFI fans who would love it. For me, the Ratweiler design is a true gem.

As I recall, they did offer a Ratweiler LE a few years ago; was that INFI? Not sure.

Right now, it appears that Busse is shifting away from INFI and more toward SR-101, at least for the current market. Which makes sense, because we still have 90 million people not in the work force (hoping that changes soon). It would be interesting to know how their current sales of INFI compare to SR-101. I suspect that only a handful of people are buying these INFI blades, but they are a very devoted group, and rightly so.

At any rate, I think it's obvious the blade masters at Busse have hit a sweet spot (price/performance) with the BG SR-101 series offerings, and I think there is a good reason for that. SR-101 appears to be driving their sales. Just an observation; looks to me like only 5 of the last 16 knives on the Busse site were even offered in INFI. That's less than a third:
http://www.bussecombat.com/categories.php

All I know is, I really admire what ALL these Busse/Kin knives stand for. After speaking with Dan Busse a few days ago, I could tell they are good people who care a lot about their customers. And to have this kind of quality blade handmade on our American soil is an honor these days. So yes, I would like to see an INFI Ratweiler, I think it would be awesome! Anyway, thanks for the post brother, we need some conversation over here! :thumbup:

The 'weiler LE was satin SR101 mate.
Thanks, I couldn't remember and wasn't sure if they made an SR-101 blades without the black coating or not. I think there is still a misperception that SR-101 is too prone to rust, and the fact that they offered an un-coated version says a lot.

Compared to INFI they are "more prone" and that is where the confusion seems to reign, people equate "more prone than INFI" (which is known for it's GREAT corrosion resistance) to rusts away to dust asap. It is just untrue. I have made the point though personal experience that SR101 is very resiliant and when it does develop a little red cancer this is light and surface and generally wipes away with a oiled rag. I DON'T oil my 101 when i am in the field, just clean it off (including the stripped blades)and leave it dry (after dressing game, doing meals etc) and have no issues.

After professing his undying love for me earlier this morning elof_alv has graciously offered me that Chopweiler as a token of his affection...despite not swinging that way I have agreed to accept it nonetheless... :eek: :D his version if of course that his Mrs and I share initials and it makes it easy to iMessage the wrong person....but I prefer my version ;)

After professing his undying love for me earlier this morning elof_alv has graciously offered me that Chopweiler as a token of his affection...despite not swinging that way I have agreed to accept it nonetheless... :eek: :D his version if of course that his Mrs and I share initials and it makes it easy to iMessage the wrong person....but I prefer my version ;)

Mate, you're in my top 3 text rotation, it was honest mistake!
If you don't believe, join me in the titty bar I'm in!

FB, I think the dominance of SR-101 over INFI in O2W was meant to increase the customer base.
If you read confessions of Busse (not so) Anonymous members, more than a few blame their addiction on RMD (myself included). So lots of the regular buyers/addicts started with SR-101...
Then it makes sense that extending customer base by SR-101 offerings would happen.

Back