INFI Ratweiler Death Chat!!!

Ok , so a little feedback on my new Ratweiler . It's the 3/16" model that actually measures out at .190" . I find it's has the best feel of any knife in it's size range that I have ever tried . I have had a couple of Scrapyard SOD and 711's as well as other knives in that size . I would have to say that to me anyway , the Ratweiler is the perfect camp knife . It chops well for a knife of 7 1/2" , it limbs well , battons great and generally feels great in the hand and it's light enough to use for extended work and not be tiring .

I'd love to see one of these come out in INFI with a Double Cut finish , a thickness of .200" and a set of the old style handles . Now THAT would be a camp knife .

What do you guys think ?

Ok , so a little feedback on my new Ratweiler . It's the 3/16" model that actually measures out at .190" . I find it's has the best feel of any knife in it's size range that I have ever tried . I have had a couple of Scrapyard SOD and 711's as well as other knives in that size . I would have to say that to me anyway , the Ratweiler is the perfect camp knife . It chops well for a knife of 7 1/2" , it limbs well , battons great and generally feels great in the hand and it's light enough to use for extended work and not be tiring .

I'd love to see one of these come out in INFI with a Double Cut finish , a thickness of .200" and a set of the old style handles . Now THAT would be a camp knife .

What do you guys think ?

Any flavor, any thickness, but made of INFI!!! Count me in Mike :thumbup:

Ok , so a little feedback on my new Ratweiler . It's the 3/16" model that actually measures out at .190" . I find it's has the best feel of any knife in it's size range that I have ever tried . I have had a couple of Scrapyard SOD and 711's as well as other knives in that size . I would have to say that to me anyway , the Ratweiler is the perfect camp knife . It chops well for a knife of 7 1/2" , it limbs well , battons great and generally feels great in the hand and it's light enough to use for extended work and not be tiring. ...a thickness of .200" and a set of the old style handles . Now THAT would be a camp knife .
Agreed, and we've heard this type of reaction many times. I have several hard-use blades from different manufacturers including Busse, but none of them have the feel of the Ratweiler. Gotta say tho, for me, the new OP2W scales feel even better than the old scales. New ones have a nice contour wave on them and fill the hand with micarta goodness. Here's a side by side...

Last edited:
FloridayBlade you make a good point . The contour handle is one of the things I like about the knife . I actually didn't realize that the older ones where not contoured . I meant the look . The old ones had that cool looking pattern , but if they where flat , then contouring them would change that as the micarta layers were ground through in the contouring process , Right ?
So I guess I withdraw that part lol .

There's STILL no info Ratweiler? Comeoooooon. Look how well the Ratmandu is doing in INFI. It would be super cool I bet......

Ok I would be in for one I guess. Idk why though. I use my rats and Busse's all the time and honestly not much difference unless in satin form then it holds up better than SR101 as far as staying satin. But coated it's a horse apiece to me.

I would take a few as long as they were based off the gen1 ratweilers. The grind lines are much better on the gen1's. The saber grind is much higher and the handles are amazing. The op2w ratweilers the grind is uneven towards the tip and becomes much thicker and looks a little odd. The ratweiler has quickly become my favorite blade.

Just wanted this back at the top. I want this in 3/16. I love my other one but this would be unstoppable! Come on Jerry!

IMG_8470.JPG

We should all thank Brendan for his efforts to help us long and short time Rats sleep better at night knowing we will have a Infi RW soon!!

It only makes sense, really.
The first all time Swamp Rat seller, RMD, got 3 versions in INFI (including the mini).
It was the time for the second most desired Rat to have INFI version too.

Back